1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

New Ithaca Trap

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by 15thct, Jul 14, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 15thct

15thct TS Member

Anybody know anything....price range...about the new Ithaca M37 OU trap gun due for intro soon?

Bill Jefford

2. cubancigar2000

cubancigar2000 Well-Known Member

$995 per earlier thread

3. ec90t

ec90t Guest

The model 37 Ithaca is a slide gun and not an O/U. It is going to be in the $995+ area and the specifics of the gun hasn't been specified yet. I'm going to talk to Matt a bit further tomorrow and should have the specifics and options list narrowd down a bit.

ec90t

4. wm rike

wm rike Member

I saw some of the new Ithacas (field & variations thereof) at the Ohio state shoot and they were very impressively finished - probably better than anything Ithaca, Winchester, or Remington used to do. Might be worth keeping an eye on these guys.

5. John Thompson

John Thompson TS Member

In 1968 I ordered a Supreme Grade Model 37 Trap. When I got it I was very pleased. It shot well and the wood was excellant. I had one problem which finally ended in a trade. To load the gun required pumping the gun twice to get the lifter out of the way. I would assume being a Model 37, this will still be a problem

6. timb99

timb99 Well-Known Member

You can load them without pumping.

Same as a Browning BPS.

Just close the slide a little bit and/or push the "fingers" up into the receiver, put the shell into the chamber, and close the slide.

Regardless, despite how much I like my Ithaca 37 16 gauge for hunting, that's a lot to pay for a pump gun.

7. wolfram

wolfram Well-Known Member

Best/simplest way to single load a M37 or BPS is put a round into the mag before you shuck the just fired shell out, then pull the slide back to the rear and then wait until its your turn to shoot to close the action and thats all there is to it. This method works out to one pump per shot with no fumbling and you don't need to turn the gun over to look at anything. You can even grab the fired shell with your now empty strong side hand. With practice this routine is fast enough to keep the pace on any squad.

Tim, I don't know about you, but I wouldn't trade my vintage M37 16 gauge for $1,000 of today's dollars ... just too many good memories. Didn't you tell me once that your gun was also a vintage 1950's gun?

8. timb99

timb99 Well-Known Member

Yeah, its a 1952 model, according to the serial number.

Plain barrel, fixed modified choke.

Four of the voices in my head want to re-blue it and get a vent rib choke tubed barrel for it, but the other five voices in my head love the look of the gray patina on the receiver and the top of the barrel, and want to leave it just the way it is.

I'm going with the majority opinion on this one.

Though I must admit, I did put a nicer stock with the fleur-de-lis checkering and a red rubber recoil pad on it recently. Looks much nicer now.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

m37 trap or bps trap