1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

New Ithaca model 37 Trap

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by cubancigar2000, Jun 6, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cubancigar2000

cubancigar2000 Well-Known Member

Jaquays has several of these listed as coming in? Anyone know anything about these. It appears as it is a new model just coming out. I thought Ithaca went out of business

2. skarloey

skarloey TS Member

That would be cool. The Ithaca website is at http://www.ithacagun.com/. They appear to be very much alive. I hope they do well.

3. cubancigar2000

cubancigar2000 Well-Known Member

Still looking for someone with info regarding the new model 37 trap with adjustable rib coming out

4. Rem870TB

Rem870TB Active Member

Out of curiousity, I wonder who would buy them.

I started shooting almost 40 years ago, when pumps were more common and still have a soft spot for them.

However, at a recent shoot with around 300 shooters in attendance, by casual observation, I could count the pumps and autoloaders I saw on the fingers of one hand. Then generally through the history of pump trap guns, the bottom ejecting guns have never been popular, including the Remington M10's and M29's.

5. ec90t

ec90t Guest

I talked to a fella over at Jaqua's a few days back about these guns and found some useful info.

1) The ribs are interchangable to get a desired POI. The ribs are held on by a couple of screws so it won't have a rib departure problem like the Tekny's did. They are in the process of working out a deal with Graco as we speak, so they can offer adjustable combs.

2) All the barrels are choke tubed with a backbore in the .725" area.

3) The triggers are a target style with a crisp 3 1/2 lb pull.

4) They have M/C stocks but a neutral cast and no palmswell.

Price is going to be in the $995.00 area and up depending on the options. They claimed availability of 10 days once order was submitted. I haven't had a chance to shoot one yet, but may make a trip to check one out.

ec90t

6. i_shoot

i_shoot Member

Ithaca has been revived again with new owners. They had a booth at the SHOT show.
    Here's a link to their website.

7. John Thompson

John Thompson TS Member

Many years ago, I bought a Model 37 Trap grade. It was a beautiful gun. It broke targets well. The only problem was the manipulations you had to go through to load the gun due to the lifting fork.

8. SeldomShoots

SeldomShoots Active Member

Fine looking gun. Hope it does well for them and they consider bringing back the NID's and Knick singles. Wouldn't that be cool?!!!!!!! John E.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page
ithaca model 37 shotgun trap
ithica 37 trap
ithica 37 trap model
ithica model 37 trap new

shooting trap with model 37