1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

NEW INVENTION IDEAS!

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by Big Heap, Mar 12, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Big Heap

Big Heap TS Member

Lorenzo Jones was a popular soap throughout its near two decade run. Each show began, "We all know couples like lovable, impractical Lorenzo Jones and his devoted wife, Belle. Lorenzo's inventions have made him a character to the town, but not to Belle, who loves him. Their struggle for security is anybody's story, but somehow, with Lorenzo, it has more smiles than tears . . . and now, let's smile awhile with Lorenzo Jones and his wife, Belle."

Old time radio surfaces.

2. dverna

dverna Active Member

Tron,
    I use a good patent attorney.

I have found it is important to protect one's intellectual property (IP). This can cost about $10,000 per application.

When you come up with something worthwhile you are advised not to broadcast it the Internet until after the patent is filed. Fortunately, you have not made that error yet. LOL

Are you shooting at BGC this weekend?

Don

3. Dan Woods

Dan Woods TS Member

beings that shoot the colwn thing was from chicago. It should have been shoot daily and it would had tripled what it did.

4. kehrby

kehrby Active Member

Hey Tron, I think you should add another function to the gun rack. After another five minutes goes by there should be a lever that kicks the gun out of the rack so that a paying customer can then use it. This option would keep all of the cheapskate trapshooters from stiffing you.

Steve

5. schutzemgud

schutzemgud TS Member

Joe you forgot spin the barrel shot picker. Diveded circle selects either 8.5 or 8 or 7.5 or 9. No more angst over what shot to use. Just spin the barrel There could be a abbreviated version with just two sides 8 or 7.5.

See you Sunday looks like goog weather.

Mike

6. dverna

dverna Active Member

Hey Tron,

You don't expect to be winning anything with that "Spaghetti Gun" do you?

I have a real Trap gun I can loan you. Now, if you win with it, you need to split the pot with me.

Good luck on Sunday. I hope the weather stays nice.

Don

7. Rollin Oswald

Rollin Oswald Active Member

When I was being raised by my parents in a cave, along with half the local possum population, it used to be my job to hand clothes that my mother had washed by beating them on a rock in a nearby stream.

We used a long vine for a clothesline and I would catch hell if they blew off onto the ground. I tried tying short pieces of vine around the hanging clothes and line but Mom griped because the dry clothes were wrinkled when I brought them back into the cave.

I then tried splitting twigs and tried to use them to lock the clothes on the vine but Mon griped about their being splinters in the clothes from the split twigs.

Following the burial of Mom after tiring of her constant griping, Dad and I moved into town where we had a clothesline made of wire. The clothes kept blowing off in town, too and the problem remains to this day.

Somebody needs to invent a device to keep clothes on lines on windy days. It's bad enough that the clothes have rust lines on them from the wire line but it's worse when they blow off and end up on the ground in the dog crap. (Dad had 12 shepards he uses for terrorizing the local cat population during evenings when he ran out of schnapps.)

As an aside, I tried C-clamps to hold the clothes in place but that resulted not only in the rust lines, but the addition of rust spots from the C-clamps. People used to laugh and point when I went to work at the local cat refurbishing emporium - "Cats cleaned and degreased: $2.00; Neutering, $0.75 extra"

The invention of a device for holding clothes on lines would make someone a millionaire! Get busy, Tron.

Rollin

8. GunDr

GunDr Well-Known Member

The cat carrier (HAHAHA) While I was in HS, metals shop class was a breeze. I'd have my semester projects finished in a week. With our class only being five students, I had a lot of free time.

For a few "extra credit" projects, like a 16lb brass hammer, a small cannon, a full set of pin punches, I also made, not a cat carrier, but a dog carrier. Just like the one in the picture. My parents were a little surprized when they received my "shop bill". It was a little over $400 for materials.

I still have it. It hasn't ever been used..........yet!!

Doug Braker

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.