1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

NEW INT'L SHOTGUN RANGE - KEYSTONE SHOOTING PARK

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Allen Chubb, Oct 8, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Allen Chubb

Allen Chubb Active Member

NEW INT

Ladies & Gentlemen;

I've been asked by several parties to post the construction progress report on the International Shotgun Ranges being built at Keystone Shooting Park near Dalmatia, Pennsylvania. The concrete walls of the Olympic Trap bunker and service tunnel were completed on Friday, October 2nd. The contractors were present yesterday to prepare the concrete floors to be poured in both the bunker and tunnel on Monday, October 12th. The forms and metal decking for the roof of both the bunker and tunnel will be set up the end of that same week with the pours occuring on Monday, October 19th. On that same day we will pour concrete for the walkways on both of the Helice rings which will sit on either side of the Olympic Trap range. Electrical service has been trenched to the ranges and was energized early this week.

Our original intent was to be operational by the fall. At this point, it would appear that the goal will not be met and we may have to opt for a Spring opening. Given the late start on construction, the volume of work that needs to be completed and the fast approaching onset of winter weather, I feel that our original time frame was probably to generous. We also do not wish to rush our contractors especially given the high quality of work that has been produced to date. Rushing them would only lead to short cuts and suffering workmanship, so we will take a more pragmatic approach and opt for a later opening.

All of the hardware (15 - Mattarelli Trap Machines), the Elfipa electronics package and the video package have been purchased and stand ready for installation into the complex as it draws closer to completion. The Elfipa electronics package is presently over the Atlantic on a UPS plane making it's way here for a delivery time frame of next week.

As per our previous announcement, the KSP complex will be the first fully automated International Shotgun Sports range in the world. This ultimately means that the shooting park will be opened seven days a week with operational hours only dictated by your schedule and bad weather. We are constructing the complex in three phases. Phase I will encompass one Olympic Trap range which will also be able to throw Olympic Double Trap and Universal Trap games. We will also have two Helice rings as well built in this phase. Phase II will involve the construction of the club house, while Phase III will involve the construction of another Olympic Trap range with a superimposed Olympic Skeet field, two more Helice rings and an Automatic (Wobble) Trap field. All three phases of construction are anticipated to take an estimated five years to complete.

Keystone Shooting Park (KSP) is a division of Chubb International Shooting Sports, Inc. (CISS). CISS is recognized by the IRS as a 501C3 Non-Profit Corporation. All donation made to CISS/KSP are tax deductible. There is a lot of work to do and the Corporate Officers and Board of Directors of Chubb International Shooting Sports / Keystone Shooting Park would so deeply appreciate your assistance in making this vision a reality. Your generous contribution will be recognized on our “Wall of Heroes”.

_____ $100 - $499 = Bronze Medal Donor

_____ $500 - $999 = Silver Medal Donor

_____ $1,000 - $5000 = Gold Medal Donor

_____ $5001 - $10,000 = Dream Builder Donor

_____ +$10,000 = Legacy Partner Donor

Contributors in both the “Dream Builder” and “Legacy Partner” categories will receive “Life Memberships” to Keystone Shooting Park.

“100% OF ALL DONATIONS WILL GO TO SUPPORT THIS PROJECT AND ARE TAX DEDUCTIBLE”

Make checks payable to: Chubb International Shooting SPorts, Inc. or Keystone Shooting Park

RETURN ADDRESS:

Chubb International Shooting Sports, Inc.

302 Tennessee Avenue

Elizabethville, PA. 17023 USA

Allen Chubb, Jr. – President & Treasurer

717-362-7830 Office

717-362-7834 Fax

717-903-9009 Cell

Email: allen@allenchubb.com

If you would like to learn more about the project, I'd be happy to send you one of our web brochures and provide you with more information and project updates. We are actively working on a website, but we don't see that being operational for at least another two month.

I have attached photos of the Olympic Trap range construction progress from this past weekend. These photos will demonstrate our level of commitment to the long term promation of International Shotgun Shooting Sports in this nation. We designed and fully expect the functional life of this complex to last for at least three to four generations. We hope to earn your confidence and respect with our efforts as well as your financial support. KSP is being built by forward looking patriots while keeping in mind and preserving America's richly recognized and proud past in shooting sports history.

KSP is being built by shooters, for shooters.

Best Regards,

Allen Chubb - President

http://s258.photobucket.com/albums/hh275/butchchubb/?action=view&current=Picture183.jpg

2. Allen Chubb

Bunker & Tunnel Photo #1

3. Allen Chubb

Bunker & Tunnel Photo #2

4. Allen Chubb

Bunker & Tunnel Photo #3

5. Allen Chubb

Bunker & Tunnel Photo #4

6. Allen Chubb

I've received a couple of emails asking me to further explain the fully automated features of this range and how it will work and I'd be happy to do so:

Members of KSP, will be given a digital code number as well as a smart card. After completing a range familarization and saftey briefing, each member will pre-purcahse rounds and those rounds will be loaded onto their respective smart card. The member can then proceed to the range at their own day and time of choosing. Once on the range, the member will enter his digital code into the range kiosk cabinet lock system. The top cabinet door will open and expose both the range electronic sequencer and smart card reader equipment as well as the range video monitor. Laminated instructions inside the kiosk will explain the start up and shut down procedures. The member would turn on the main power switch, which will activate a panel of 5 electrical switches which will have red and green LED lights above each switch. Once each switch is turned on, the respective stations bunker doors will lower automatically by use of hydraulic pistons. Upon the doors being lowered, that bank of 3 traps will be electrically energized and ready for use.

The member will insert his smart card into the reader in order to program the sequencer. The smart card reader will deduct one round from their card. If more than one member is present, then they would insert their card as well and you will see your name and membership number show up on the display screen signifying that each member has been properly registered for firing that round. Once everyone has completed entering their respective cards, then one touch of the "Start" button will begin the program and activate the appropriate microphones. At the completion of the squads course of fire, then the system will terminate and close all microphone connections. You can then start the whole process over again when you are comfortable for subsequent rounds.

Upon completion of your desired number of rounds and if no one else is waiting to use the range then you simply go through the shut down procedures, turn the power off, close the kiosk door and head for home. You can shoot one round or ten rounds. The only limiting factor is how many rounds you've prepaid for on your card. That card can then be loaded again or a replacement card can be left in the kiosk box for you to use on your next visit to the range.

The back office features of the competition software are incredible. During competitions, the competitors will have instant visual scoring knowledge via the on range 22" video monitor, which is linked to the chief referees hand controls. Two additional 22" video monitors are linked and located in the club house. One monitor will display the competitors name, while the other monitor located directly to the right of the first monitor will show instant scoring from the range. It will also perform a running total of each squad members scores from previous fired rounds as each target is scored. A large 46" HDTV will be located above those two monitors and will show the scrolling finalized scores and results of each competitor. This will be segmented by high to low for all competitors, classes, categories or teams. We can also further segment the display by ammunition or guns used for competition sponsor purposes. This competition software will also tie into our two Helice rings and perform the same segmenting for displays by played options, etc. To further enhance the service to not only our competitors but other interested parties that could not attend the event in person; we will have real time display of the events on our website. Interested parties from around the world can log in and watch the scoring and progress of the each competitor. Likewise, upon completion of the event and before departing the range, each competitor will be sent an email with an attached PDF file which shows all of the results and prizes awarded.

The competition software system will also automatically tell management by segment what competitor wins what prize in all circumstances so as to not bog down the awards ceremony process. I've gone through a detailed software demonstration process and I've also seen this software work at major events in Italy. It's truly worth its weight in gold.

This range will be truly on the cutting edge for shooter services and information. This type of technology was not available for shooting ranges only a few short years ago. The systems are tried and tested and will offer each member and competitor a fantastic experience while at KSP.

I hope this really wets everyones appetite and properly explains what fore thought and state of the art technology will be present at this range.

Best Regards,

Allen Chubb

7. Hatshooter

Hatshooter TS Member

Allen, looks like a great setup & I wish you the best ... Is this location in lower PA ? I'll have to find a excuse to get up that way when you get it running.. best..

8. PerazziBigBore

PerazziBigBore TS Member

FANTASTIC... hope to get up there one day..

9. Allen Chubb

Hatshooter,

We can create all the excuses you need to come up this way. KSP is 36 miles North of Harrisburg. You can easily tie up a weekend with a road trip to do some shopping at Cabela's in Hamburg and then Bass Pro Shop in Harrisburg. You can then come up to KSP and Martz's Game Farm for some hunting and target shooting. We also have a very nice golf course only 11 miles from the range at the Lykens Valley Golf Course. Their facility also has a very good restaurant "Shanks" and a 28 room lodging facility right on the golf course for only $76.00 a night. We are also only 12 miles from Millersburg where the famous Millersburg Ferry is located, not to mention the "Ned Smith Center". We are also fortunate to have another great restaurant in the area which is located in the square in Millersburg; "The Wooden Nickel" (Excellent Steaks and Crab Cakes).

KSP is 12 miles South of Sunbury on the East side of the Susquehanna River. We are 19 miles Southwest of Elysburg in the heart of Pennsylvania trapshooting territory, so there are absolutely no good excuses not to schedule a visit to our area.

PerazziBigBore/Mike,

Thanks for your words of praise. We are tremendously proud of what we are bringing to the shooting community, but we still need everyones financial contribution consideration. I hope everyone appreciates the fact that facilities like this don't get built with just dreams and good wishes. This facility will be a first class venue and the above supplied photos verify that fact. The parks design and operational concepts are revolutionary to not even other international shotgtun sports facilities in America, but for that matter it's many steps ahead of our European friends as well.

When I built the Ontelaunee Rod & Gun Club Olympic Trap range in 1989, we had a lot of great supporters to help us out. In these tough times, we need to band together even closer to support the future of shooting sports in this country so that we can build on the successes of Beijing.

As a point of interest to all Pennsylvania trapshooters; the Olympic Trap range is going to be named "Haldeman Field" and dedicated to Donald S. Haldeman, 1976 Olympic Gold Medalist - Trap - XXI Olympiad - Montreal, Canada. Don was from Souderton, Pennsylvania and a fellow member of the U.S. Army Markmanship Unit, as well as a good friend. Don used to come up to Ontelaunee to award the medals at many of our events and I know how much it meant for him to stay in contact with the sport even during his ailments.

I hope you all have a wonderful weekend and enjoy these beautiful fall days.

Best Regards,

Allen Chubb

10. Allen Chubb

Tunnel Entrance

We poured the floor of both the bunker and service tunnel yesterday. The decking and forms for the roof will be put up on Thursday and Friday of this week, while the pouring will be accomplished on Monday, October 19th.

Best Regards,

Allen Chubb

11. Allen Chubb

Bunker West Side

12. Allen Chubb

Tunnel Looking South

13. Allen Chubb

Bunker East Side

14. 221

221 Banned User Banned TS Supporters

<em>I'M IMPRESSED</em>

15. Allen Chubb

Thank you very much for your praise. Short, but sweet!

I'll post more photos of the decking installation, reinforcing and roof forming as it develops over the next three days.

Best Regards,

Allen Chubb

16. Bob Hawkes

Bob Hawkes Well-Known Member

Allen, from my view, a cement head in the business for 40 years, you have a real top shelf concrete construction well in place. I hope the "Pheasantmaster" approves of the flatwork, LOL. Great, great looking project. I wish you were closer to me, but it certainly serves as a great attraction for an extended visit to Shamokin. Best of luck in your venture, Bob

17. cubancigar2000

cubancigar2000 Well-Known Member

Now that is really a first class looking operation. Nice Job. I now have an excuse to go see Vern and Brenda

18. PerazziBigBore

PerazziBigBore TS Member

The word Bunker and Humble both have 6 letters... All Good.. Mike

19. Allen Chubb

Bob,

Thanks again for the well appreciated comments on the project. As you can see, it was designed it to last the test of time. Short cuts, allbeit necessary at times on somethings are problematic when it comes to basic construction. We wanted a first class operation that our members and patrons would be proud of and be inspired to both train and compete at over the many years to come. It's also a facility that Teams from the United States, Canada, Germany and Italy would find very welcoming and familiar in which to hone their skills. In short, if you cut corners and build a dump, then no one is going to feel inspired and proud to patronize your venue. Everything about this facility is meant to be first class and state of the art; from the not only the innovative concept and design, but onto the electronics, video and hardware packages as well. We hope to build the "Field of Dreams" for International shotgun enthusiasts, but we still need everyones support.

Cubancigar2000,

Thank you as well for your positive commentary. We look forward to getting to meet all of you in the future as the range comes on line.

PerazziBigBore/Mike,

The first thing that everyone soon learns when they decide to take up bunker shooting is that more often than not, your diet will be constantly offered big helpings of humble pie. After competing for thirty years in this great game, I can assure you that your next humbling experience is only the next range away. Just about the time you think you have it figured out, the Bunker Gods will "Smit Thee".

Thanks again guys!

Best Regards,

Allen Chubb

20. Bob Hawkes

Bob Hawkes Well-Known Member

Allen, Am I correct in that this is a privately owned "non profit" operation? It appears to me that you have started a new club, or shooting facility, and been able to gain 501 C3 status from the outset. If so, that should have the attention of many in the shooting sports. Thanks for the info and best of luck to you in this venture. Shoot often while we can, Bob

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

keystone range and allen chubbs

keystone shooting park and helice