1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

New Infinity @ Mo. State Shoot

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by Shotgun Specialties, May 10, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Shotgun Specialties

Shotgun Specialties Active Member

Shotgun Specialties will have a New Infinity at the Missouri State Shoot. If everything goes right, it should appear thurs/fri. We are located in the New Metal
    Mall Building #9. We will also have a great selection of Silver Seitz, Kolar, Perazzi and Kreighoff's (incl a new K80 trap special combo). Please stop by and take a peak and say hello!. Shoot Well, Doug and Dave, Shotgun Specialties

2. Dennis DeVault

Dennis DeVault Well-Known Member

Photo's wil be here next week. We are completing the assembly of several guns now. I have a demo gun but did not want to show that with the bondo stock. We have been shooting the Infinity for about two weeks and it is working great. Dean DeBow has been shooting it for about the same time and seems to like it very well. Dean can be reached at 270-886-2095 if you are looking for comments about the new gun. We are doing the Raffle gun at this time and if possibe I will post a photo of the wood that is going on the gun. Also Tal Seger and his buddy Al were her last weekend from Illinois and both shot the new gun. Tal made the comment that the recoil seemed to be less than his MachOne that he currently shoots. Tal's Machone weighs about 10-1/2 pounds and the new gun weights 9lbs 1 oz. with a bondo stock stock but the recoil seems less than the heavier gun. We are still on track to have a gun in Missouri so say a few prayers and thank you to everyone that have shown an interest in the gun.

Dennis DeVault

3. Dennis DeVault

Bill,

With no stock bolt we are unlimited in the toe out area, offset dimensions and we can now truly have a parallel comb in two directions. Face side and top of comb are now dead straight or parrallel to the bore center line. The depth for the cut comb can be as deep as we want to make it, now that we do not have a hole to worry about. If you have never made stocks before the things that I have mentioned may not seem like a big deal but this has brought about many advantages that I can not explain. Thank you for the question and shoot as often as you can and remember take a friend to the range.

Dennis DeVault

4. joe kuhn

joe kuhn Furry Lives Matter TS Supporters

Dennis,

How about the fore end? Can you give us some detail about what you've done there? I know that all I had to do was shoulder a gun with the new fore end and I wanted one. It fits.

Thanks,
    Joe

5. Dennis DeVault

HI Joe,

The new forends are more rounded on the bottom and the sides are straight all the way out. In the past some of the forends were tapered way down toward the front, but we decided to cut the finger very deep and allow the fingers to lay up in the undercut. So far everyone that held the new forends have had great comments on the feel and the weight of the new style.

Dennis

6. joe kuhn

joe kuhn Furry Lives Matter TS Supporters

"we decided to cut the finger very deep and allow the fingers to lay up in the undercut."

That's what makes the difference. It's a great feel. Glad I can get the new fore end with a fitting.

Thanks, Joe

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.