1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

NEW Indiana TA Website

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by jevoliva, Jun 11, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jevoliva

jevoliva Member

I am working on a new ITA site... please share comments, concerns, suggestions, etc. either here or to the e-mail above -- just drop the XXXs

Thanks!

John

2. jevoliva

jevoliva Member

2007 Programs posted

3. jevoliva

jevoliva Member

4. jevoliva

jevoliva Member

need some input on this one before I spend to much time

I have completed the list of ITA Clubs on the site (see above). I planned on listing under location the PHYSICAL location of each club and linking it to claytargetsonline.com club page for that club. After that, a link to the ATA page for a list of registered shoot for this club (I plan on adding a shoot calander later).

What do you think of this set up? Does it give you enough info? I am looking into doing a google maps of the ITA clubs in Indiana so someone could float over a pushpin in a map and see what club it is...

Let me know your thoughts...

Thanks!

John Voliva, R.Ph.
    VP ITA

5. jevoliva

jevoliva Member

6. ec90t

ec90t Guest

John,

I think that it would be real helpful for a lot of shooters new and old alike. Keep up the good work!

ec90t

7. 320090T

320090T Well-Known Member

Pretty complicated for a Purdue grad. lol Seriously, it looks good. I don't know how this might fit in but maybe a history page of old, no longer open clubs such as New Castle or New Ross. Sort of a "back in the day" thing.

8. jevoliva

jevoliva Member

I would need a lot of help on the history page -- do I hear a volunteer?

9. 320090T

First thing that needs to be done is make a list of the clubs. I started with New Ross and New Castle. There used to be, maybe still is, a range in French Lick. Once the list is made, folks will start telling stories and finding pictures. Was there a club in Southern IN named or started by Earl Toliver?

10. jevoliva

jevoliva Member

I know of the one in French Lick -- I have a postcard I bought off of eBay with a picture on it.

Dad's a pretty good historian and has some old photos of Okoboji Indians that were Indiana Shooters (especially the Jenkins brothers (or were they father/son?)). Maybe invole Jon Moore -- he has a lot of information at his disposal also. I am pretty sure Earl started a club in Orleans, but I do not know of the club.

Dad also has a lot of of T&Fs and Sportsman Afields.

Maybe we can have an informal meeting of the minds on Sat or Sun of the State Shoot?

3200090T -- please forgive me, but I cannont place who you are (can't remember the handle to the real person). If you don't want to say here, can you drop me an e-mail?

Thanks,

John

11. jevoliva

jevoliva Member

12. mpr

mpr TS Member

John,

Looks very good

Thanks
    Mike

13. 320090T

I have a pin that says "Toliver Gun Club - Orleans, IN"

14. jevoliva

jevoliva Member

there you go!

<<bump>>

15. jevoliva

jevoliva Member

16. t-bar

t-bar Member

John

Don't forget Chain "O" Lakes in South Bend, or the Old Elkhart gun club. Think I have a pin from the Schereville gun club also. Guess I could go on and on. Monon also had a club. Been around a long time. Sounds like a fun project.

Barb

17. jevoliva

jevoliva Member

good news -- I have been playing around with the website and it looks like I can set up user accounts that would allow updates to the site to say shoot results or to ITA history. Should be pretty cool. Stay tuned!

John

18. rip

rip TS Member

John,
    I think this would be very helpful and may even increase attendence at some shoots once it gets started. Good work.
    RIP Gerry Rippy

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.