1. We have added the ability for anyone to 'bump' threads that they have created. This is mainly useful in the classifieds area where posters constantly bump for sale threads to bring it to the top. This allows them the ability to do that without having to clutter the thread with extra 'TTT' and 'Bump' type posts. To bump it, go inside your thread and click on 'Thread Tools' at the top, then select 'bump'. You can bump only once per 24 hour period.

For more detailed information please see this post: Thread Bump Functionality.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

New In Box Y Model 12 Trap Value?

Discussion in 'For Sale- Members only' started by lwr_, Sep 29, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lwr_

lwr_ Member

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0

Have a chance to buy a NIB Y Model 12 Trap Grade. It is in New/Mint condition, never fired or assembled by the original owner. Has the box and protective shipping box. Still wrapped in the brown wax paper and includes all of the hang tags and literature. Dude wants $1500.00 including shipping. Is this a good deal?

2. Steve W

Steve W Well-Known Member

Rating - 95%
    24   1   0

What a NIB old gun will do for you? Are you going to use it? Or bank on appreciation from an already inflated entry price?

Unfired old firearms are strictly for collectors, you pay the premium for new in the box condition and it'll need to stay that way. If you remotely intend to shoot it, don't buy it, you are wasting money. One round of shot will take it out of status. In this particular case, That one shot will cost you hundreds of dollars.

That's the biggest problem of buying NIB old guns. You can't even put them together and shoulder it. IMO, they are useless.

3. senior smoke

senior smoke Well-Known Member

0   0   0

In 1978 I purchased a new y model 12 in the box from a gun club for $365.00. With inflation $1,222.15. You have to remember that a nib discontinued gun may possible bring extra dollars. I would mention this above amount as a starting point. If you really want the gun, it's might be worth it as a new 870 trap is hovering around $900.00 to $1,000.00. It all depends how much you want the gun. If it was me I would tell him what the gun sold for in 1978 and what it is worth with inflation. I learned not to quibble if I really wanted a gun, as early years I lost some nice guns trying to get it lower than the guy wanted. You only live once, make the offer, if he says no, buy it for what he wants!
    Steve Balistreri

4. southjblue

southjblue Active Member

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

If you are going to shoot it,don't buy it---If you are buying for an investment,don't buy it either----You can have both if you buy a 2 pin mod 12 in mint condition for the same $$$s---Your value of the 2 pin will be worth more in 10 yrs than that (y) if you shoot it---I have a mint 2 pin MC stock that I shoot and keep in top condition---Pd $1500.00---JMT---SJB---

5. Hinkton

Hinkton TS Member

0   0   0

I think the model twelve your looking at has been on gun broker for a long time. If you want to buy this gun, an not shoot it, you will be paying top price for it.I don,t think the y model your looking at will gain a lot of value past what you will be paying for it. A good looking model twelve Y model, that you can shoot every day, should run you in the seven fifty to ten fifty area. Ia,m sure you will make the right choice. Just be happy with what you do.Hank

6. lwr_

lwr_ Member

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0

It would not be a shooter. Have a 2 pin pre-64 already that I do shoot occasionally. Have several NIB pre-64 Model 12s in all gauges but don't have a NIB Y model yet. Was just itchy to buy since it was the best NIB Y Model I have seen.

7. southjblue

southjblue Active Member

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

Thats different---Go for it---SJB---

8. RunGunIPSC

RunGunIPSC TS Member

0   0   0

There were around 20 of these that recently sold at an on-line auction over a period of 5-6 months. They sold for from $900 to about $1300 or a bit better. $$$ depended on stock configuration to whether they had been assembled to wood grade. All were sold. I would say that is an OK price but at the very high end of the $$$ range. It is a collector only gun. I would not buy for investment,only to fill a need.

9. acss

acss Well-Known Member Supporting Vendor

Rating - 100%
    40   0   0

rungun is right--but on a few of those that sold, there was lil bits of rust on a few of the lower pxd last ones!-- i have found that NIB doesnt always = 100% condition--

10. acss

acss Well-Known Member Supporting Vendor

Rating - 100%
    40   0   0

one more thing--if its a gun you have always wanted and it speaks "own me"!--then BUY it--i've not regretted many guns i've purchased but sure have been bothered by ones ive fretted over and let go!!!!

11. Landshark

Landshark Member

0   0   0

$1500 is Rem 90T money.........

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

model 12 trap new in box

model 12 y model trap value

new in the box model 12 trap guns