1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

New Husband and Wife trophy

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by stickbird, May 3, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. stickbird

stickbird TS Member

Just made this new husband and wife trophy buckle award.
    Jim White collection

2. recurvyarcher

recurvyarcher Well-Known Member

Wow, those are beautiful, and really unique!

3. teleskier

teleskier Member

Yea the local club uses his trophies and I was fortunate enough to win one of them for high handicap a couple of weeks ago. I am still waiting on the earrings for my wife though. Mike

4. guncase

guncase TS Member

I thought it read "husband and new trophy wife" expected different pics!!

5. phirel

phirel TS Member

A very politically incorrect award. The category omits three combinations of unmarried partners that many believe are equivalent to a husband/wife partnership.

stickbird- If you were to offer awards for unmarried male/female partners, male/male partners and female/female partners, please tell us how you would label these awards. I am quite curious.

Pat Ireland

6. recurvyarcher

Pat, it is my understanding (and correct me if I'm wrong) that in the above 3 situations, one partner still takes the husband role, and the other the wife role. So the existing trophies should work.

The trouble we are really going to have, then, is in classification. How would shooters be able to prove their status? By a type-of-undies check?

7. jmb

jmb TS Member

ROTFLMAO

8. W.P.T.

W.P.T. TS Member

Fill a cup and wait for the results that will follow in 2 to 3 weeks, no problem figuring out which is which once that has been done and made part of their permanent record ... The cups can be handed out when classifying and eliminate the need for an undies check as suggested by Recurvy, which might reveal that not everyone wears them and then what ..? WPT ... (YAC) ...

9. famill00

famill00 TS Member

Pat I hope you were joking with your comment. If not....well im not so sure about you anymore.

10. Dale Z

Dale Z TS Member

You could label them "Head of Household" and "Significant Other" They could toss a coin to see whom gets what title. That would cover all the bases.

11. kolar12

kolar12 Member

Include different colors of spray paint with the award. You could do half and half, pink and green, yellow and brown. This would accommodate most everyone. Gary

12. recurvyarcher

I don't know about that, Advocate...I've got some friends that would beg to differ. And I'm pretty sure they would know.

13. famill00

famill00 TS Member

Im feeling homophobic about this site now....its kinda creepy. YUCK!

14. guncase

guncase TS Member

I know a real couple who shoot together,,, who ever shoots the worst score has to be on top????? Maybe that works for the rest? Paul

15. yvonne

yvonne Banned User Banned

When I saw those trophies I almost ran to the alter......NOT!!! I'd like one tho if it didn't say THOSE words brrrrrr....gives a person the willies ;)

16. phirel

phirel TS Member

famill00 - Above you wrote "Pat I hope you were joking with your comment. If not....well I am not so sure about you anymore." I think I was actually closer to being a smart aleck than a humorist in my post. And, I have never been sure about myself. My limited mind will sometimes see things in object and words that others have never though about. My very sound logic can be very illogical.

Do not have concern about my personal feeling of appropriate life partners. I have been married for 39 years. (39 years is the total for both of them).

Pat Ireland

17. m70win

m70win Member

Hey Pat thats 273 in dog years.

Tim

18. hoggy

hoggy TS Member

So how many married people enter to win this trophy at any given shoot? 2-3 tops. Odds quite good to win. I can't see any one single entering. Payoff not so good though.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.