1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

New house comes with a Bear

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by copper, Oct 6, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. copper

copper Member

Well am redoing this house I bought and decide to get out and rake some with my Vizla Peal in fenced in back yard. I hear some noise and Pearl starts barking and here is a black bear 20 yards comes around corner, just stands there brissels and huffs walks away slow stops looks back. I was kind of I am glad we were in pen and what if Pearl ran over to him and got hurt I don,t have a gun at house yet am just working there not a good feeling. I hope he doesn,t come back ,I am not interested in making a rug of him but I will have a gun from now on. Dave

2. crusha

crusha TS Member

Maybe you're in his house, Goldilocks?

3. Barrelbulge(Fl)

Barrelbulge(Fl) Banned User Banned TS Supporters

Where's the house Dave? Cooks forest? Lots of bears there. Bulge.

4. ebsurveyor

ebsurveyor Member

don't feed the bears any cookies
    [​IMG]

5. Hauxfan

Hauxfan Well-Known Member

He's a bear.........He probably just wants a "bear" hug! (;-)

Hauxfan!

6. daddiooo

daddiooo TS Supporters TS Supporters

Looks like your typical democrat wanting you to share the wealth.

7. wolfram

wolfram Well-Known Member

Probably should report it to your Fish & Game dept. and follow any advise they give you. That way if you do end up shooting the bear you will be able to demonstrate that it was a necessary last resort. Good luck and take care of that fine dog.

8. Dahaub

Dahaub Active Member

Doesn't the scars on the nose and about the face of that bear denote that it's not a young bear? I don't know how to tell but I think if the bear is older than three you may have a problem with him coming back to scavange for food on a regular basis. Dan

9. ebsurveyor

ebsurveyor Member

The adult male only stopped by once for some cookies and corn.
    [​IMG]

BTW: The deck is more than four feet above the ground.
    [​IMG]

10. copper

copper Member

House Bushkill falls era East Stroudsburg PA He was to close to out run to the door ,and he just stood there kind of sizing us up and his hair up. I was thinking we are not close enough to the door, and Pearl was howling and I was thinking she could get hurt . I did not like the feeling at all. Well hope he finds greener pastures. I found his attitude with the dog barking and all that disturbing. Dave

11. Dahaub

Dahaub Active Member

We don't have bears in central Illinois. In 1965 my family went on a fishing trip to Canada and our camp was visited one night by a black bear. The next day the camp owner had to shoot the bear dead as he was chasing my sister and another girl out of the blue berry patch and about to pounce on the other girl. Pete Ross was the camp owner. He was a champion of a fella. He shot the bear dead from his cabin door and it was 167 of my biggest steps to the dead bear. The guides said he was a two and a half year old bear. I wanted his canine teeth but couldn't knock them out of his mouth with a tent stake "4 lb" hammer. They wouldn't come out. No one told me to skin his paws for the claws either so I cut them off with side cutters. They were about 3/4 of an inch long. The canine teeth were about one inch and a quarter longer than the rest of his teeth I'd say they were at least 2 inches long from the gum line. That bear was said to weigh between 250 and 275 buy the experts on site. I can't imagine how big the canine teeth are on a polar or a grizzle bear. Dan

12. copper

copper Member

I will not check season or rule book if I feel he is agressive same rules apply life limb family or pets I have no disire to be hurt or to shoot him , he has thousand of acres to play in not my yard thank you. Most likley he feeds on garbage around houses this house has been empty for a while. We will see. Dave

13. ebsurveyor

ebsurveyor Member

I told that bear to stay away.
    [​IMG]

14. birddog1964

birddog1964 TS Member

This is what I do to the bears in my neighborhood.lol
    Lee

[​IMG]

15. copper

copper Member

Well I am mainly a bird hunter but am not going to be putting up with some bear who want to be pest he will end up in front of the stone fire place as a rug. Dave

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.