1. We have added the ability for anyone to 'bump' threads that they have created. This is mainly useful in the classifieds area where posters constantly bump for sale threads to bring it to the top. This allows them the ability to do that without having to clutter the thread with extra 'TTT' and 'Bump' type posts. To bump it, go inside your thread and click on 'Thread Tools' at the top, then select 'bump'. You can bump only once per 24 hour period.

For more detailed information please see this post: Thread Bump Functionality.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

>>> New Hardened P/W Primer Rams and Lower Price

Discussion in 'For Sale- Members only' started by whiz white, Mar 1, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. whiz white

whiz white Strong Supporter of Trapshooting Banned

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

I just received a shipment of my new ultra hardened custom manufactured P/W Primer Rams and because the shop in Dayton lowered their prices, I am passing that on to my customers.

[​IMG]

These replace ALL rams for all machines.

Whiz

2. grunt

grunt TS Supporters TS Supporters

0   0   0

TTT

3. cubancigar2000

cubancigar2000 Well-Known Member

0   0   0

I want one Whiz

4. APrice

APrice Active Member

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

Whiz, why do we need a harder one? My original must be more than 40 years old and works like it did on it's first day.

5. likes-to-shoot

likes-to-shoot Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

Because there are people who have no idea what maintenance and preventive maintenance means.

6. cubancigar2000

0   0   0

Well that may be true but we all make mistakes and I have and will so I ordered an extra. The originals were way too soft anyway and a good guy is selling

7. whiz white

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

Believe me, I've broken several here at the shop, but I am proto-typing often.

My biggest problem is a brain-fart and not paying attention to watching the spent primer drop onto the chute. And, using my favorite hull, AA once-fired OLD STYLE, a thread of plastic would be fused to the spent primer as it was being pressed out of the hull. That would dangle there as I attempted to insert a new one. During the fight between who got seated, I'd bend the ram hook. About one time it can be straightened, but because it was so soft, that was about it. Using a hydraulic, however, makes it simpler for me to watch more things happening, but between reloading and watching TV, I mess up.

My ram is a bit sturdier in the amount of metal in the hook itself. You can see that area in the above photo.

I get orders daily for the old style with the "U" shaped wire on the end. Many guys buying older 800's never even knew there was a "U" wire on the end, nor do they know that that style is no longer being made. So these are as much for the 800B/C/CVT owners as the rest of us.

If it was as simple as "preventative maintenance," then I wouldn't have had these made. It is simply something that happens from time-to-time and I didn't like the ram design, so I improved upon it.

Whiz

8. JACK

JACK Well-Known Member Supporting Vendor

Rating - 100%
    38   0   0

James. Do not be to hard on yourself. It is a reloader and you are a reloader.

9. likes-to-shoot

likes-to-shoot Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

I guess my comment could have been worded better.

You see so many people slamming P/W when the biggest problem they have is a lack of understanding on how to take care of a machine or figure out how to make necessary adjustments. So then its the manufactures fault when something goes wrong.

Bill

10. cubancigar2000

0   0   0

When I saw that the hook was stronger I knew I wanted one. Actually I already have an extra but I like this one. The hook is what gets damaged

11. cubancigar2000

0   0   0

Bill, your comment wasn't taken offensively. Thx for the apology though

12. whiz white

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

No offense taken, Bill.

I hear myself telling a would-be customer occasionally, who calls in to talk about picking of a "good used" 800B, just what those words mean. I ask myself does he mean "Good Used" or a "Used but Good" reloader? I then follow up with a comment that if you owned a 1974 Ford Fairlane, and you brought it up to snuff, it is STILL about 40 years old and something is worn out. Unless you are a car collector, then I wouldn't throw good money after bad, so to speak.

What does this have to do with this thread - NOTHING. Just a comment about old equipment, and that one should expect to put money into one.

Anyway, I have been in the shop all morning and it's approaching 2:00 PM here. Been sick all week, and only came in to the shop to read emails, but I had some many orders for the rams, that I just decided to stay and get them out today.

Thanks to all who responded... I may need to have more made now, but this is good.

Whiz

13. whiz white

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.