1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

New guy

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Kolargunnut, Apr 20, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kolargunnut

Kolargunnut TS Member

Been lurking here for longer than I care to admit ... finally joined !!!

You guys are about the best group of "shotgunners" out there ...

info is great ... like minded political views ... always a good deal or 2 around !!! Not really a trap shooter ... more sporting, but WTH ???

Thanks for allowing a new memeber !!!

I'm also looking for a set of 34 inch Kolar fixed choke o/u barrels ???

Be Safe All, Jimmy

2. recurvyarcher

recurvyarcher Well-Known Member

Come over to the dark side and shoot more trap. LOL!

3. oskerspap12

oskerspap12 Active Member

What are you going to shoot through those new Kolar barrels? 7/5's or 8's?

YUK YUK YUK
    Welcome aboard newby your in for quite a ride,so buckle up,and hang on tight!
    By the way.......Recurvy is right on target.
    Smoke 'em all

D.P.Reynolds

4. Setterman

Setterman Well-Known Member

Recurvey, he IS on the DARK SIDE.

Welcome, I shoot both ATA and NSCA, so don't feel pregnant.

5. Shooting Jack

Shooting Jack Active Member

Welcome aboard. As you probably already know, if you have a problem or need more info about anything this is the place to get an answer. I had a dishwasher that was one month out of warranty and got the help I needed to fix it. LOL I've bought reloaders, shotguns and barrels for really good deals on here. I've met some really great folks and look forward to meeting more. Again Welcome. Jackie B.

6. Pull & Mark

Pull & Mark Well-Known Member

HI Jimmy, Welcome aboard!!! For a short time you will find some of us are lunitics, but after you get to know us you will find we are only crazy. LOL. If I were you I would start another thread with the barrel you want to find. Don't forget to say what fixed chokes you want on bottom and top as well as finish and other misc info like barrel bores of .740 or .750. Take care and Break-em all. Jeff

7. Kolargunnut

Kolargunnut TS Member

Thanks ... guys !!!

Part of my reasoning for joining was the wealth of info (and view points) shared here !?!?

My lack of Trap shooting is less from desire than convenience ... 100 plus miles to nearest trap field ..... less than 20 miles to 2 sporting clays courses !! A couple of buddies of mine have agreed that "Trap" would be good for our "bag of disciplines" .... so we're coming to a "Trap field near you soon" !!!

I will start a new thread looking for 34 inch barrels soon .... just did not want to join and let the 1st. thread be wanting something .... to many "takers in our society" now !!!

I would be interested in any 34 inch O/U Kolar barrels ... .740 preferred, .750 accepted (if fixed choke, do not want to add choke weight on the end of 34's) tighter constriction preferred. My ultimate goal is .740 bore, full over full (Mr. Wilkinson can go from there ...LOL).

I just sold a buddy a .740 bore fixed choke gun as a favor ... he shot the gun better that I've ever seen him shoot in over 4 years .... a very well balanced outfit !!! I want a set of barrels to have fitted to my early engraved Kolar. Seems that fixed choke .740 bore barrels are about the same weight as interchangable choke 32's .... I've had a set of Muller .742 bore chokes made so 34 inch .740 bores with interchangeable chokes would be considered !?!?

Sporting is growing into a "yardage/line game" and the added sight plane seems to help me (and him !!!)

"Shoot more to Shoot well"

Be Safe All, Jimmy

8. Bruce Specht

Bruce Specht Well-Known Member

Jimmy, welcome aborad and enjoy. Beware the trolls, always bait floating and waiting for the strike! Don't get reeled in to soon or to quickly!

9. Conn. Man

Conn. Man Member

Jimmy,

Come on the good side and "SEE THE LIGHT"--shoot Trap.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!.

Sandy Holehouse.

10. Beretta687EELL

Beretta687EELL Well-Known Member

Welcome, we were all new members at one time. Bill Malcolm

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.