1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

New Guy With Wad Questions

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Uncle Buck, Mar 9, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Uncle Buck

Uncle Buck TS Member

Greetings,

I have been reloading since I was a kid, quit after the second son went off to college. Now back at the press and semi retired. My question concerns Claybuster wads. My pet load, years ago was 1 1/8 oz using WAA 12 White, in AA 12 gauge hulls. Now fast foreward to this weekend where at a yard sale I bought several bags of CB3118-12 for $3.00 a bag. These must have been renamed or discontinued. Did I waste my money or will they substitue for WAA-12 White?

Rick Richardson
    Raleigh, NC

2. setter

setter Member

Is it CB3118-12 or CB1138-12??????

3. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

Good price. I don't know their numbers, go to their website. I use their Federal knockoffs and love them.

HM

4. Uncle Buck

Uncle Buck TS Member

CB3118-12

5. rennerize

rennerize Active Member

If they look like the AA then it is the substitute for it.
    Don

6. Uncle Buck

Uncle Buck TS Member

Next time I will get all of my information posted! The wads in question have a figure 8 opposed to the struts found on WAA-R & WAA-W below the shot cup

Rick

7. setter

setter Member

I found it, click above for loading data, their website. It's not a direct WAA12 replacment.

8. Recoil Sissy

Recoil Sissy Well-Known Member

Rich:

Claybuster has produced two versions of the CB 3118-12 for many years. One is white in color. The other is red.

The white one is called a White 8. It is a tapered wad designed for Winchester's AA and Remington's STS/Nitro/Gun Club. The bag should reference the White 8 name. It is not a clone of the WAA12 nor a Figure 8. I

There is also a non-tapered red version made for straight walled cases like Federal's Gold Medal.

On Claybuster's recently updated website the two versions appear to be cataloged as the CB 3118-12A (listed as a Remington Style wad) and the
    CB 3118-12AR (listed as a Federal Style wad).

If your yard sale bargains are labeled as White 8's they will work just fine in your AA hulls.

If there is any question in your mind, call Claybuster and ask them.

sissy

Revised addition: I should have added that over time I've loaded three or four cases (5000 ea.) of the White 8's in AA's using Green Dot and wouldn't hesitate to load them again.

9. Shooting Coach

Shooting Coach Well-Known Member

Both the 3118's are great wads, when used in the appropriate hull. White hull in tapered hulls, straight wad in Riefenhauser types.

Find data. It is there.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.