1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

New gun

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Browningshooterxt, Feb 3, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Browningshooterxt

Browningshooterxt Member

I'm down to picking a bt-99 ar or an xt trap which one would you guys with thanks

2. t7731

t7731 Member

Are you planning to shoot doubles? If not, then get the BT

3. senior smoke

senior smoke Well-Known Member

BT99
    Steve Balistreri

4. slayer

slayer Well-Known Member

I have a bt-99 ar and I really like it. I was shooting the best ever when our leagues ended last fall. It's a higher rib than your standard bt.This helped me a lot in low light conditions and eliminated heat risers. The rib is adjustable front and rear which gives it a wide range. Nice finish and the old [better] forepiece. I had Monsoors install the RAD recoil reducer and adjustable comb. Bill

5. Martinpicker

Martinpicker Active Member

The XT. Will shoot doubles, sporting clays, five stand, and even at trap you have the choice of shooting the top or bottom barrel. In addition, I like the palm swell and the weight. Only my opinion. Martinpicker

6. Barry C. Roach

Barry C. Roach Well-Known Member

Xt. better to have the extra barrel and not need it than to need the extra barrel and not have it. I shot an OU for everything for lots of years.

7. StansCustoms

StansCustoms Well-Known Member

I bought an XT first...it will "never" leave my possession...As stated it does very well at singles and handicap...and other sports as well.

THEN...I bought a BT-99, then a BT-99 PLus....and a...and a...

One thing about an XT...it is smoother than a BT-99 on the swing. That little extra weight over a single barrel is a good thing sometmes...helps keep you from running out in front of a target that gets the jump on you...silky. Less recoil or muzzle jump too...

Our past club manager, who shoots a K gun, told me he would not spend the money on the K gun again if he had it to do over. He shot an XT prior to that ...and shot it just as well as his Krieghoff (which he had a custom Winneg (sp?) stock with high grade wood fitted for also...nice,nice,nice!!)

He was instrumental in guiding me to choose an XT as a starter Trap gun...for which I'm grateful, they are a great/excellent gun....and a good value.

The 99's are nice too...but on days when I'm really swinging fast ...the XT is my "go to" gun.

Either way you will be OK...you'll likely get both someday. Both are easy to sell, should you wish to move on to something else.

Borrow and shoot both..then decide. They arn't hard to find at any Trap club, and nearly anyone will let you shoot a round or two just to get the feel of one...

Good luck..
    Stan..

8. kraiza

kraiza Active Member

As much as I like my BT-99.
    My Xt is the go to gun. You can use it for all clay sports.

9. chuckie68

chuckie68 Active Member

I have a Baretta 'XTrap" and love it---but then again I don't shoot doubles.

Chuck

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.