1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

New Gun

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by dvoegele, Sep 10, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dvoegele

dvoegele TS Member

I just got my new BT-99 Grade 3 friday. Ive been wanting one for years and finally broke down and bought one. I already love the feel of the gun and everything. But im used to shooting a Browning Gold Sporting Clays edition and having trouble getting used to how the BT shoots.I was just wondering if anyone had any helpful suggestions on how to make the transition.

Thanks Dustin.

2. WayneP

WayneP TS Member

Dustin,

I'd suggest that you pattern your new gun to see where it's shooting as it will be different from your sporting clays gun. Once you do this and keeping in mind that the BT is going to shoot higher, you should be fine. Just remember to look at the target and break the target.
    Enjoy your new baby,

Wayne

3. deadnout

deadnout Member

yes do pattern the gun. my bil just bought one. he was having trouble shooting it. did a pattern check and found it was shooting high right. now he is back on track. shooting it very well.

rich

4. dvoegele

dvoegele TS Member

Thanks for the tips! It's been awhile since I patterned a trap gun do you stand 40yds back with a 1 foot circle?

Thanks Dustin

5. Martinpicker

Martinpicker Active Member

You will get all kinds of advice on how to pattern a trap gun! The easiest way, (not saying the best way, just the easiest!,) is to take a Sharpy and make a cross on a piece of posterboard. Back off 13 yards and shoot from some kind of rest. Be sure your cheek is on the stock and the beads are stacked. Put the front bead right at the cross of the two lines. Count the number of shot above and the number of shot below the horizontal line. (At this distance, your wad will also go through the posterboard...just ignore the hole it makes.)

This should give you an idea of how your gun shoots.(60/40, 70/30 etc.)

Good luck and enjoy your new smokepole! Martinpicker

6. gdbabin

gdbabin TS Member

So Rich, did he move his eye down and to the left to get "back on track"????? just wonderin'...

Dustin, All you need is 13 yards and a bulls-eye to determine WHERE it is shooting.

If you want to look at PATTERNS, then do the 30-35 yard thing.

Guy B.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.