1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

new gun

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by grntitan, Sep 19, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. grntitan

grntitan Well-Known Member

If your on the 27 what are you asking for advice on shooting a trap gun for?? I mean no offense but those sort of questions are more heard from rookie 20 yard shooters like me. If your asking how to get to the 27 with that gun, let me know when someone gives you the magic answer 'cause i ain't found it yet.---Matt

P.S. On the lighter side you bought a nice gun. I shoot a 682 Gold E Trap myself and love the thing. Its a great shoot'n gun.

2. Coyote 270

Coyote 270 Member

I do not see where he is on the 27 looking for advice. I read it as he is looking for advice, being a new shooter, on how to shot from the 16 or the 27.
    (and all points in between).

3. grntitan

grntitan Well-Known Member

I would use the Unsingle barrel with a Full choke from 16 until you make it to the 27. Thats my opinion. You will never get 2 answers the same on a choke question. As i have said, i have a 682 Gold E Trap and they are very good patterning guns. The full will make you a more precise shooter. I can't give you much info on doubles as i have just started diving into that aspect of the game. I would say Modified first shot and Full second shot. Use a lighter load on your first shot to allow a quicker move to the second bird.---Matt

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.