1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

New gun for $1,000

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by capvan, Jul 11, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. capvan

capvan Active Member

Thinking of a new gun. I've been using a 40 year old, field grade 1100 for about a year and shooting in the 20's. My only problem is finding something in the $1,000 range. Is there anything out there that would be better than what I'm now using in this price range? What should I be looking for?

Thanks for your help...

2. Beretta Young Gun

Beretta Young Gun Active Member

You cant go wrong with a bt-99. there a little more than $1000 but they are a good gun for all trap games.

3. Rick Barker

Rick Barker Well-Known Member

What type of gun are you considering, another 1100 (a new 1100 trap would fit your price range)or other autoloader; a single barrel break open; over/under??

4. capvan

capvan Active Member

Any of the above. I've shot em all and really have no preference...

5. Ruck

Ruck Well-Known Member

Another option is to spend about HALF of that $1000 on a new Jack West Stock and fore arm and a Remington step rib trap barrel, put them on your existing 1100, and spend the other half on shells, entry fees, etc.

Ken Rucker....Speedbump Stockworks

6. howie

howie Member

By "new" I assume you mean different. Also, if you're just going to use it 16s and handicap, then a BT-99 would be a great choice. If you're preference is for automatics, then an 1100 (new or used) or a used 391 would be good choices.

7. Rick Barker

Rick Barker Well-Known Member

I second Ruck's opinion, unless your present 1100 is getting tired and worn out (not likely, but everyone wants a new gun). You can buy a new 1100 trap for 1000.00, a used BT99, for less you can buy a Winchester SX3, but as far as over & unders, you will not get much for 1000.00 and you might want to be real careful is anyone offers you one for 1000.00 or less.

8. acss

acss Well-Known Member Supporting Vendor

capvan- you have a PM

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.