1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

new gun comming 2 day couldnt sleep

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by superump, Nov 18, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. superump

superump TS Member

WOW YIKES and Holy Crap! My new gun is going to be delivered today and I sat up most of the night watching not football, not basketball not even soccer - but the UPS web site tracking my gun! Screaming at my computer come on get moving you're sitting in Chicago way to long, rooting for UPS to get my gun moving closer to me faster, like it was my computers fault! Finally decided to go to bed and couldn't sleep! What does this mean? Do I need counseling or is this truly an addiction? Will I have to buy another new gun next month to start this all over again? Just kidding but it is a great feeling!

2. PerazziBigBore

PerazziBigBore TS Member

Pretty good bait.. but I'll bite.. I think everyone here has felt a bit of anxiety over their new baby being shipped.. Add the excitement of a new gun.. especially if you've saved up over time to purchase it.. OR.. a "Special" gun you've searched for.. you finally found. I don't think it gets any easier as you get older..

The only cure is to buy face to face with a dealer.. or person selling the gun.. and take it home with you.. I just bought a barrel from Rich Bullard.. and once he told me it was comming in Wednesday..I was like a little boy waiting for his puppy to come home..LOL..

Good luck with your new arrival.. All Good.. Mike

3. Jim R

Jim R Ljutic Nut TS Supporters

Superump

A few months ago I was waiting same as you for a gun that I had completely rebuilt to be delivered. When UPS got here the driver even wanted to see it so he waited along with my wife while I unwrapped it. It was beautiful. My wife looked at it and said "you know I think I would like a Ljutic too", the next day she got hers, it’s on her finger and it came from the local jewelry store.

Jim R

4. sliverbulletexpress

sliverbulletexpress TS Member

It's a wonderful feeling to anticipate something like it was Christmas as a kid again. It's sad to lose that when we have too much and get jaded.

5. trapshooterjoe7

trapshooterjoe7 Member

Yes, i am waiting for my new squerril gun-should come today.RWS 54 Dianna grade, can't wait to shoot it!!Joe

6. PerazziBigBore

PerazziBigBore TS Member

Joe.. I'd be exceited too.. REALLY nice gun..

7. luvtrapguns

luvtrapguns Well-Known Member

Been there and done that. No matter what the gun cost, I always feel like a kid at Christmas. Good luck with the new gun. Marc

8. JACK

JACK Well-Known Member Supporting Vendor

UPS is union. They don't listen.

9. Shooter R

Shooter R Active Member

Maybe I'm just getting older, but when I order something I really NEED, I finish it with "and can you send that next day air?" I know it costs more, but jezzz! I hope you enjoy your new gun and shoot good with it!

10. twotimer

twotimer Member

Superump, I know the feeling for sure! I ordered a new A-10 American a year ago last Oct. Knew it wasn't coming the next week, but over a year-I really need some sleep! I paid for it all up front also. Mike

11. superump

superump TS Member

WOW thnaks everybody now I feel a lot more normal - ha

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.