1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

???New Gun Club in Texas???

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by mette56, Nov 18, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mette56

mette56 Well-Known Member

I heard today that there is a new gun club being built in the great state of Texas. Supposedly, it is a multi-million dollar facility with all shooting disciplines.

Is this just a rumor? If not, where is the location and when will it be completed?

milt

2. Dickgshot

Dickgshot Well-Known Member

There was some talk a while ago that the San Antonio Gun Club, site of the National Sporting Clays and the National Skeet Shooting Championships was gong to be sold, and that there would be a new super shooting complex near San Antonio.

3. mette56

mette56 Well-Known Member

Now I'm really confused. I thought that both skeet and sporting clays national championships were held at Sparta, along with trap???

4. Mike Hessong* (MH*)

Mike Hessong* (MH*) Active Member

dickgtax,

I think you have the San Antonio Gun Club (basically in downtown SA- Olmos Basin/Trinity Univ. area) and the National Shooting Complex (formerly the National Gun Club) west of downtown SA out near the Medina Lake area mixed up. The NSC is the home of the World Skeet Shoot and the National Sporting Clays Championships as well as the HQ of both organizations that hold those shoots (the NSSA and NSCA). There has been talks off-and-on over the years about trying to sell the complex and re-locate to another site in the San Antonio general area, but different scenarios have fallen thru. The Complex has so much development around it, that it can't help but look toward leaving the area and trying to find a more less inviting area that will give it the buffer zone it needs for the future.

The San Antonio Gun Club downtown is kind of in the same shape, but have still continued to grow, even with it's location in an urban area. They recently installed a new bunker trap field to go along with all of the other skeet and trap field and 5-stand ranges they also have.

Mike* (MH*)

5. BrowningGal

BrowningGal TS Member

I think you're talking about the new Texas Shooting Sports Complex in San Marcos. It's still in the planning and investment phase, last I heard. Any updated information can be found at the above URL.

6. ljutic231

ljutic231 TS Member

Both the San Antonio Gun Club and the National Shooting Complex are Grandfathered in and cannot be closed down due to Development. The Site of the San Antonio Gun Club is owned by the City and is on 70 acres and it is a member club but non memebers can shoot there . I might say that it is a shotgun only club. The NSC has purchased a track of land (several years ago)
    to the West , across a little highway and that gives themn some more buffer.
    Bob Roberts SAGC Director(1 of 9)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.