1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

New gun club in PA

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by CalvinMD, Oct 30, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CalvinMD

CalvinMD Well-Known Member

If you are referring to the indoor trap range?...they are kaput..never went there but was told the prices were pretty hefty

2. Ed Y

Ed Y TS Supporters TS Supporters

Allen Chubb has a current thread on here about one that he's building. Lots of pictures.

Ed Yanchok

3. Barrelbulge(Fl)

Barrelbulge(Fl) TS Supporters TS Supporters

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Subject: NEW INT
    Email: allen@allenchubb.com
    Date: Thu, Oct 08, 2009 - 02:35 PM ET
    Website Address:

Ladies & Gentlemen;

I've been asked by several parties to post the construction progress report on the International Shotgun Ranges being built at Keystone Shooting Park near Dalmatia, Pennsylvania. The concrete walls of the Olympic Trap bunker and service tunnel were completed on Friday, October 2nd. The contractors were present yesterday to prepare the concrete floors to be poured in both the bunker and tunnel on Monday, October 12th. The forms and metal decking for the roof of both the bunker and tunnel will be set up the end of that same week with the pours occuring on Monday, October 19th. On that same day we will pour concrete for the walkways on both of the Helice rings which will sit on either side of the Olympic Trap range. Electrical service has been trenched to the ranges and was energized early this week.

Our original intent was to be operational by the fall. At this point, it would appear that the goal will not be met and we may have to opt for a Spring opening. Given the late start on construction, the volume of work that needs to be completed and the fast approaching onset of winter weather, I feel that our original time frame was probably to generous. We also do not wish to rush our contractors especially given the high quality of work that has been produced to date. Rushing them would only lead to short cuts and suffering workmanship, so we will take a more pragmatic approach and opt for a later opening.

All of the hardware (15 - Mattarelli Trap Machines), the Elfipa electronics package and the video package have been purchased and stand ready for installation into the complex as it draws closer to completion. The Elfipa electronics package is presently over the Atlantic on a UPS plane making it's way here for a delivery time frame of next week.

As per our previous announcement, the KSP complex will be the first fully automated International Shotgun Sports range in the world. This ultimately means that the shooting park will be opened seven days a week with operational hours only dictated by your schedule and bad weather. We are constructing the complex in three phases. Phase I will encompass one Olympic Trap range which will also be able to throw Olympic Double Trap and Universal Trap games. We will also have two Helice rings as well built in this phase. Phase II will involve the construction of the club house, while Phase III will involve the construction of another Olympic Trap range with a superimposed Olympic Skeet field, two more Helice rings and an Automatic (Wobble) Trap field. All three phases of construction are anticipated to take an estimated five years to complete.

Keystone Shooting Park (KSP) is a division of Chubb International Shooting Sports, Inc. (CISS). CISS is recognized by the IRS as a 501C3 Non-Profit Corporation. All donation made to CISS/KSP are tax deductible. There is a lot of work to do and the Corporate Officers and Board of Directors of Chubb International Shooting Sports / Keystone Shooting Park would so deeply appreciate your assistance in making this vision a reality. Your generous contribution will be recognized on our “Wall of Heroes”.

_____ $100 - $499 = Bronze Medal Donor

_____ $500 - $999 = Silver Medal Donor

_____ $1,000 - $5000 = Gold Medal Donor

_____ $5001 - $10,000 = Dream Builder Donor

_____ +$10,000 = Legacy Partner Donor

Contributors in both the “Dream Builder” and “Legacy Partner” categories will receive “Life Memberships” to Keystone Shooting Park.

“100% OF ALL DONATIONS WILL GO TO SUPPORT THIS PROJECT AND ARE TAX DEDUCTIBLE”

Make checks payable to: Chubb International Shooting SPorts, Inc. or Keystone Shooting Park

RETURN ADDRESS:

Chubb International Shooting Sports, Inc.

302 Tennessee Avenue

Elizabethville, PA. 17023 USA

Allen Chubb, Jr. – President & Treasurer

717-362-7830 Office

717-362-7834 Fax

717-903-9009 Cell

Email: allen@allenchubb.com

If you would like to learn more about the project, I'd be happy to send you one of our web brochures and provide you with more information and project updates. We are actively working on a website, but we don't see that being operational for at least another two month.

I have attached photos of the Olympic Trap range construction progress from this past weekend. These photos will demonstrate our level of commitment to the long term promation of International Shotgun Shooting Sports in this nation. We designed and fully expect the functional life of this complex to last for at least three to four generations. We hope to earn your confidence and respect with our efforts as well as your financial support. KSP is being built by forward looking patriots while keeping in mind and preserving America's richly recognized and proud past in shooting sports history.

KSP is being built by shooters, for shooters.

Best Regards,

Allen Chubb - President

http://s258.photobucket.com/albums/hh275/butchchubb/?action=view¤t=Picture183.jpg

Show reply form below - Reply to the forum thread - Email a link to this post - Email a link to this thread - Watch This Thread - Back to the Trap Discussion Web

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Reply to Thread
    Subject: NEW INT'L SHOTGUN RANGE - KEYSTONE SHOOTING PARK
    Email:
    Website URL: (Example: http://www.trapshooters.com)
    Image URL: (Example: http://www.trapshooters.com/images/default.gif)
    Watch Thread:
    Insert/Upload Image
    Enter message below (hit enter twice after each paragraph)
    Please be mindful of your content youngsters read this forum.

If you want people to respect your submission please add your real name to your post.
    Remember: Its easy to forget that you are responding to a person who can't see your face, hear your tone of voice, or judge your mood. You only have written words to communicate your point. Ask yourself if you would say this to that person's face before pressing Submit Message.

Make a good impression by taking the time to use correct spelling and grammar. Responses are stronger when they are clear, concise, and on topic. Avoid shouting: Responses written with all capital letters symbolize shouting. Use capital letters sparingly. A message in all caps is considered rude.

Threads containing offensive posts or personal attacks may be deleted. Remember the use of this site is a privilege not a right.

Please click the submit button only once, it may take a few moments for our system to respond.

Reply to Thread
    Subject: NEW INT'L SHOTGUN RANGE - KEYSTONE SHOOTING PARK
    Email:
    Website URL: (Example: http://www.trapshooters.com)
    Image URL: (Example: http://www.trapshooters.com/images/default.gif)
    Watch Thread:
    Insert/Upload Image
    Enter message below (hit enter twice after each paragraph)
    Please be mindful of your content youngsters read this forum.

If you want people to respect your submission please add your real name to your post.
    Remember: Its easy to forget that you are responding to a person who can't see your face, hear your tone of voice, or judge your mood. You only have written words to communicate your point. Ask yourself if you would say this to that person's face before pressing Submit Message.

Make a good impression by taking the time to use correct spelling and grammar. Responses are stronger when they are clear, concise, and on topic. Avoid shouting: Responses written with all capital letters symbolize shouting. Use capital letters sparingly. A message in all caps is considered rude.

Threads containing offensive posts or personal attacks may be deleted. Remember the use of this site is a privilege not a right.

Please click the submit button only once, it may take a few moments for our system to respond.

4. Allen Chubb

Allen Chubb Active Member

Mr. Roach,

If you refer to the other thread you will see a lot of photos. The prior posters have steered you in the right direction. I pretty well explained the concept and operational future of the range in that thread. If you have any further questions you can direct them to me at the email address listed above. You would have a lot of opportunity to shoot at the range once operational as it will be opened 7 days a week and at your own schedule since it will be fully automated.

DB Bill,

Small world! I live just outside Elizabethville (Washington Township) close to the Upper Dauphin Area High School football field. Our office is located on Route 209 right beside the bowling alley. I was born and raised in Lykens. Drop me a line.

Best Regards,

Allen Chubb

5. setter

setter Member

Here is Allen's other thread!

6. the old guy

the old guy TS Member

If you're 900 miles away, you might be closer to another bunker. Where are you? Knowing Allen, this will be done right but you might want to try it closer to home first. This will be 150 miles for me, but I will be there at least once a month and I'll be bringing 4H and SCTP kids with me.
    Paul Bobby

7. the old guy

the old guy TS Member

Allen. If we get some good weather soon I'll get some aerial shots of the progress. It seems Selinsgrove is the closest field, can I get picked up there, or is there a better location?
    Paul Bobby

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.