1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

New Gun Bruising Cheek

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by Blakester, May 2, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Blakester

Blakester TS Member

I need idea what I could do keep the Beretta 390 from bruising my son's cheek? The funny part of this is their is no recoil to this gun has an adjustable cheek piece and it does come down to a point right where he puts his cheek thats what I think is doing it,but something is not fitting? Help... He loves shooting this gun and shoots it well ...... Blake

2. puablo

puablo Well-Known Member

Blake, you may want to check the pitch...use vasoline on face...soft comb replacement for the wood comb...after you're sure it fits. good luck, puablo

3. hmb

hmb Well-Known Member

Take the adjustable comb and lower the front. You want the comb to be lower in the front and higher in the rear. This will help stop the gun from hitting him in the face when it moves back when the shot is fired. You can also put a weight in the magazine tube in front of the spring. This will also keep the gun from rising. You can also add a little down pitch to the stock. Place a couple washers between the stock and the butt pad on the top butt pad screw. HMB

4. chessney

chessney TS Member

I use to have the same problem. To cure it I moved me nose a little closer to my thumb. This worked for me...Ziggy

5. Blakester

Blakester TS Member

Thanks everyone I will try these ideas ...... THANKS AGIAN BLAKE

6. cole-mitchell

cole-mitchell TS Member

you should definatly try either vasoline or a powder on the face. However, if he is shooting good scores the gun probably fits he is just an easy bruiser. I had a bruise on my face from february all the way to august and not because my gun doesnt fit me, just because I bruise easy. The powder seemed to help a bit

7. romie

romie Active Member

kick ezz pads work

8. maclellan1911

maclellan1911 TS Member

Watch the gun closely when he shoots, barrel rise? try s washer or 2 under top screw of recoil pad. I need more pitch and I needed to use several washers to find correct pitch for my wife.

9. Big Al 29

Big Al 29 TS Member

gun don't fit. Regardless of how good the scores.

10. Maytag

Maytag TS Member

putting grease or powder on your face does not correct the problem of improper gun fit. As said above, correct the stock/comb fit problem and the cheek will not be bruised...period.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.