1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

New Guerini Summit Unsingle

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by pilotdan, Jan 16, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pilotdan

pilotdan Member

I have been holding off on posting this for the last few weeks. I made the decision to try buy a new Guerini unsingle Trap. I bought the Summit model, 34", new from Indiana Gun Club. BTW, Steve was great. Let me pick through the 4 he had there, after I had thoroughly demo'd a couple.

I must say, the Guerini is one of the softest shooting single barrels I have ever fired. Very nice, crisp trigger, rib and comb are very easy to adjust, very high quality fit and finish, decent wood(I've seen much worse on new P & L guns), and very quick pointing.

The rib is extremely high, which is something new for me. My Cole and Ljutics have had low or mid-ribs. I am liking the high rib because my head and eyes are in a much more level position, and the grip has a nice palm swell and adjustable trigger that just feels comfortable. I did however, have it shortened to 14.25" so I am committed.

If this thing stands up to several thousand rounds/year, I think I have a winner. I only have about 300 rounds through her so far, and am fine tuning (POI), but have no doubt about getting it dialed in.

I know it's not one of the big "Brand Names", but I am quite content at this point. Honeymoon ON.

2. LadyDustM

LadyDustM TS Member

Thank You so much for the review. I am very interested in a Guerini but would have to have the stock shortened. It is mu understanding they only come with an adjustable comb, and I wonder if it is :

possible to shorted the stock
    or

order one w/o the adjustable comb so I can have the stock shortened first

or

or it sized custom to built too low me

3. pilotdan

pilotdan Member

I had mine shortened about five-eighths of an inch, and there is plenty of room behind the Monte Carlo. It could be shortened another inch if necessary. You will love it.

4. jerry chipman

jerry chipman Member

5. j2jake

j2jake Well-Known Member

My wife purchase the Summit combo, had it shortened with no problem. Great guns and the folks at CG are easy to work with. Jake

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

caesar guerini unsingle review

caesar guerini unsingle reviews