1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

New Guerini shooters?

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by ebc, Feb 15, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ebc

ebc TS Member

Greetings,
    How are the trap models working out? Anyone using the factor release trigger?
    Thanks,
    bc

2. mdwebb

mdwebb TS Member

I have owned the Summit Trap model since September. I like the gun, but it does kick you in the face. I know three other Guerini Trap owners and they all have the same complaint. I have made numerous adjustments to pitch, added an adjustable pad and tried mercury and Dead Mule devices. None of these seem to tame the face slap. Additionally, I, along with a friend of mine, had the rib pop off the O/U barrels. We both sent them back to Maryland, and they were fixed. The Guerini employees are very professional and helpful. Like I said, I enjoy shooting the gun, and I shoot it better than any gun I have previously owned. Once the face slap is under control, I think it will be excellent. I haven't tried the release trigger.

3. WNCRob

WNCRob Member

I've had an O/U that I have used for doubles since last fall. I find the gun to shoot very nicely, and I love the high rib and stock configuration. Recoil is very manageable...I have added a Dead Mule device, which contributes to a very neutral balance. Mine also has the side plates, which adds another 3 ounces or so...all good as far as I am concerned. I changed from an MX-8 to this gun...fit is much better, and my scores immediately improved by 5 birds a round. I'm tempted to also use it for singles. Time will only tell as far as how it will hold up, but I think it'll be a keeper.

Rob M.

4. freeride

freeride TS Member

I got my Magnus Combo in mid December.Had to wait five months ,because of lefthand wood. I like the adj ribs for the bbls,and the comb is easy to adj. The quality is good.It fits me well,and I have no problem with recoil. I shoot a pull trigger. I have about 1200 + rounds through the combo. In my book its a great gun for the money!!!! Joe V

5. reelfoot

reelfoot TS Member

I have owned a Maxum trap combo since last July and have fired 5000+ rounds through it. Works flawlessly and recoil is not punishing. Fits me perfectly. Wood and engraving are outstanding and cost for that quality reasonable. Couldn't be happier with purchase.

6. seitzrobt

seitzrobt Member

Just Recd two New Caesar Guerini/s
    1-Summit Trap Combo 34/32 $6950.00
    1-Magnus Trap Combo 34/32 $8235.00
    Call or email for more info.
    785-539-4392
    Tuttle Creek Shooting Park
    Rob Taylor

7. Dr. Honk

Dr. Honk Member

I took delivery of my 34/32 Summit Combo on Monday and did some POI testing.

Gun appears to be well made, good fit and finish on the wood to metal. Comb hardware and adjustable rib were easy to use.

Recoil was very manageable when shooting the POI tests from a rest.

Hope to shoot it for a few 100 rounds in two weeks.

Dr. Honk

8. Dr.Longshot

Dr.Longshot Banned Banned

Have you changed the PITCH of the gun First thing I did was put the pitch to ZERO before I even shot the gun. I noticed it had too much down pitch. Do this and it will stop the slap you in the face.

You heard it from me.

Gary Bryant
    Dr.longshot

9. REM1148

REM1148 TS Member

Dr. Longshot, how did you change the pitch?

10. Rollin Oswald

Rollin Oswald Active Member

mdwebb;

Call me at: 920-431-1137. I may be able to help eliminate your cheek slap.

Rollin

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.