1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

New fix for MX-10's w/broken ribs

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by Alex Ragulsky, Aug 1, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Alex Ragulsky

Alex Ragulsky TS Member

Jan 29, 1998
    I purchased a used MX-10 (top single combo) from a buddy a few years back. As my luck would have it the rib broke near the front bead. Rather than sending it off to Perazzi I contacted Jim Coons of A.C. Machine Systems in Denver. Jim is a good friend, good guy and an excellent craftsman (he is also the maker of the Precision Triggers).

Well, Jim fixed my rib last year but after about 15,000 or so rounds the rib broke again. I took the rib back to Jim last Tuesday and picked it up this morning. Jim designed a fix that looks about as strong as a hammer and is very pleasing to the eye. I seriously doubt that I'll have any more problems with my rib any time soon, if ever.

Although I am not in a position to quote prices I can assure everyone that the cost was certainly less than a new rib and the turn around time was 8 days, not 8 weeks or many months.

Jim can be contacted by phone at 303-790-4858 or by e-mail at jcoons@acmachine.com. I know that he is going to a shoot this weekend (August 4 & 5) in Cheyenne, Wyoming, and then on to the Grand so you might have a delayed response to your inquires. But if you have a broken rib on your MX-10 or know anyone who does consider giving Jim a look. I know that it will be worth it.

Alex Ragulsky
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.