1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

New Fiocchi primers

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by moman3, Oct 30, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. moman3

moman3 Active Member

Covington Washington (South Seattle area)
    Supposedly, the 617 is the magnum strength version of the 616, but not sure that's ever been officially confirmed. Here is an article that mentions them:

http://www.mynssa.com/ssr/ssr200907/Ceretto.pdf

There was some recent talk on their size:

http://www.trapshooters2.com/cfpages/thread.cfm?Threadid=233711&SortBy=DESC&ShowDeleted=No

MM3

2. Unknown1

Unknown1 Well-Known Member

Why waste energy speculating?
    <ul><LI>Send them an email at <I>sales@fiocchiusa.com</i>, or<LI>phone the corporate and manufacturing HQ in Ozark, Missouri at 417-725-4118</ul>It can't be THAT hard to get the information you want directly from the source!

MK

3. SONO MAN

SONO MAN TS Member

I called Fiocchi about the performance of the 617 ones. They told me it should be a little hotter than the 616. When I used them, I did not feel any deferent in performance. Hope this help. Peter

4. shot410ga

shot410ga Well-Known Member

I had a lot of problems with 616's last winter. Many bloopers. I went to Cheddites.

5. Quack Shot

Quack Shot Active Member

SONO MAN

I doubt you could "feel" a difference in performance and highly doubt you could "feel" a difference in pressures. It would have to be a pretty drastic differnce in performance to feel it. The only real way to tell is to test them for velocity and pressure. Second best is to use reliable data for the exact components you are using.

6. michshooter

michshooter TS Member

The Hodgen website has some data for Fiocchi 617 primers. Using an AA hull, Clays powder, WAA12 wad, 616 primer lists 16.0g for 1145fps and 10,900psi. With 617 primer lists 16.9g for 1145 and 11,300 psi. Other wad hull combinations are different. Check it out.

....Paul

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

fiocchi 617 primers

what is a fioacha 617 primer