1. We have added the ability for anyone to 'bump' threads that they have created. This is mainly useful in the classifieds area where posters constantly bump for sale threads to bring it to the top. This allows them the ability to do that without having to clutter the thread with extra 'TTT' and 'Bump' type posts. To bump it, go inside your thread and click on 'Thread Tools' at the top, then select 'bump'. You can bump only once per 24 hour period.

For more detailed information please see this post: Thread Bump Functionality.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

New FABARMS Auto Adj. Rib gun available now!

Discussion in 'For Sale- Members only' started by Bob Schultz, May 29, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bob Schultz

Bob Schultz Well-Known Member Supporting Vendor

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

We just got in our first shipment of the new FABARMS Velocity XLR5 Adjustable rib/comb shotgun...WOW this is really a cool gun. Internal recoil reduction, balancing weights, adjustable comb and rib. Soon to be available in LEFT hand with a LEFT side port! Click on our web site above for more information. It's under Trap Skeet and Sporting guns, then scroll down to FABARMS. We have a few in inventory and call us for special TS.com pricing.

Thanks for looking!

Bob Schultz
    800-684-6329

2. SlickmisterN

SlickmisterN TS Member

0   0   0

Quite a nice package and such a great value! Fabarm is the most unknown/under-rated company in the trap community and I'm glad they've finally teamed up with Guerini to make their products available again. Can't wait to get my Fabarm Trap model!

3. millerm12

millerm12 Member

0   0   0

that gun is bad a-----------s.i want one lol

4. pakk

pakk Member

0   0   0

priced right! a muliti shell catcher would make this gun a dream come true.

5. chipking

chipking TS Member

0   0   0

I had a chance to handle 2 of these last week over at Caesar Guerini and I love the way they fit and feel. As Bob said there will be true left hand models available as well. These guns were designed to be Target shotguns. The gas system was re-designed especially for 2 3/4" target ammo and the barrels as well and I have it from very reliable sources that it will function even with the Remington reduced recoil 7/8oz at 1100 fps loads. I have also been told that they are very fast cycling. Both a shell catcher and release trigger are in the works. It is my goal to own the very first release trigger model that becomes available.

Heck If I could have figured a way to fit one of their display guns in the case with my Maxum combo so I could sneak it out I would already have one ;o)

--- Chip King ---

6. shot410ga

shot410ga Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0

No adjustable recoil pad? No release trigger?

7. Bob Schultz

Bob Schultz Well-Known Member Supporting Vendor

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

Factory releases are in the works now and should be available soon.

With so many folks requiring different LOP's it would be difficult to
    It adjustable butt pads on the gun. I have a stock fitter in house who can install an adjustable pad Ifnone is necessary.

I have two standard 30" RH XLR5's left ... Thanks for the great response!

Bob Schultz 800-684-6329

8. bkt514

bkt514 Active Member

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

Bob....was visiting your website this morning, before I opened up Trapshooters. So I started a new thread...and then saw yours! Sorry for the duplication! Bruce

9. mikkeeh

mikkeeh Active Member

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

Not sure why a company would even try to market an auto. To the trap community without a shell catcher. Doesnt seem well thought out to me.

10. jdsfarms

jdsfarms Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

Every shell catcher I have ever seen is aftermarket has anyone ever marketed an auto trap gun with a factory shell catcher?For sure nobody has ever offered a factory release seems like a real good job of making it appeal to trap shooters I would like to try one.Jerry

11. TBFA

TBFA Member

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0

I'm pretty sure the auto was made for sportingclays, if you want to shoot it for trap then put a rubberband around the receiver till a shell catcher is made for it.

12. pakk

pakk Member

0   0   0

I have to agree, but I don't think everyone does. I see a lot of trap shooters, autos or not, just letting their shells hit the floor. So there is a market shell catcher or not.

I want another trap semi. The only option for me is the 391 and that multi catch $100 shell catcher. I haven't read much on it lately, I hope they're still in business. I'm trying to hold out. I hoping someone designs a semi for trap with a 2 shell catcher. To me, that would be the ultimate setup. All the adjustable bells and whistles and not having to pick up my hulls. For now, I have to stick to my break actions.

13. SlickmisterN

SlickmisterN TS Member

0   0   0

For the trap line what's wrong with just a rubber band around the receiver as mentioned previously? too ugly? Well so is a molded plastic clip around the receiver port! Why is it people absolutely need to pay a special company $$$ for a nicely packaged and marketed product that says "shell/hull catcher" when something for .10cents will most likely do the same or better job.

None of our club members use specially marked "shell catchers" just rubber bands... I think our members are more conscious and critical of gun products marketed to them though.

14. pakk

pakk Member

0   0   0

Rubber bands are great at singles. They don't work so well for doubles.

15. mikkeeh

mikkeeh Active Member

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

Guys....calm down. Im well aware you can use a rubber band. Just like you can duct tape cardboard on the comb instead of paying to get the comb cut, or glue balsa wood on the rib, instead of $300 for an adjustable add on.
    If you are designing a gun for trap, and most considerate shooter use a shell catcher.... seems logical to incorperate one into the design....... Just sayin.

16. JohnR

JohnR Active Member

0   0   0

The gun was not designed for Trap, it was primarily designed as a Sporting Clays gun and most of the first demo's were at sporting events but a lot of trap shooters are looking at all the adjustments and seeing the potential. Knowing Guerini/Fabarms I would bet there is one in the works, would not surprise me if a Trap specific gun came out eventually, Guerini is very good at giving shooters what they want.

JohnR

17. larry prior

larry prior Member

Rating - 100%
    14   0   0

i am also a fabarm dealer. i took a birchwood casey shell catcher #bc41012 and this worked very nice. add a adj pad and you have it all

18. over the hill

over the hill Active Member

0   0   0

Looked at one today at the Cardinal.

First gun I have tried that was dead on.

It had a, or looked like a shim similar to Beretta's. With the comb in the neutral position and down it fit perfect.

Would like it better with darker wood but that's me.

Hope they have some to shoot at the Oh. St. shoot.

Not a semi auto person but I like it.

Regards....Gerald

19. RayReys

RayReys Member

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

I just shot 24 shells through one today - there was one available to shoot and two to fondle, at the Rahaugges Shooting Sports Fair...overall impressions - seems well balanced, fit rather well (for me); I liked the more heads up position, and recoil, to me, feels only a tiny little lighter than a 391/400 (I think they were handing me Win Super X target loads). Fit and finish are good, the wood wasn't bad. Interestingly the bolt release was on the left side (for the RH model). I liked it.
    [​IMG]

On a side note - it does kick out the hulls out and forward a few feet, so striking another shooter on the line would be near-nonexistant.

20. jdsfarms

jdsfarms Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

What are they asking for them?Jerry

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.