1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

New Ex. Director

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by blacklab, Jan 16, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. blacklab

blacklab Member

Does the ATA have a new ED? If so who is He/She?

2. timb99

timb99 Well-Known Member

Lynn Gipson

3. blacklab

blacklab Member

Why hasn't the ATA posted this info on their web site?
    Who is this person what info does anybody have about him?

4. timb99

timb99 Well-Known Member

Can't answer the first question.

Lynn has run Kansas City Trapshooter Association, and run it well, for many years. He is well respected in the Missouri Trapshooters Association, and in the ATA.

And a good guy, too.

5. KennyRay

KennyRay Active Member

blacklab,

His contact information is on the ATA website under 'Contacts.' His bio is in this month's Trap & Field on page 4. While I don't know him very well, I met Lynn Gipson a couple of years ago and even shot on his squad. I know him to be a gentleman, hard worker and an asset to the ATA.

6. maltzahn

maltzahn Active Member

For several years Lynn registered more targets at the KCTA than some states. Has been successful as a gun club manager, a state delegate, MTA Officer, retail gun dealer, and shot reclaimer. One of the most respected and well liked individuals in midwest trapshooting. Above average shooter, organizer, businessman, and involved with ATA leadership. We as ATA members would find it hard to find anyone more qualified to be ATA Exec.

Maltz

7. blacklab

blacklab Member

I just find it odd that the ATA has not made a big announcement about this new ED.
    Did anyone else apply?
    People liked the last director but it appeared that the EC did not let him do his job.
    Hope this does not happen again.

8. gun fitter

gun fitter TS Member

With all the problems of the last few why a new one? Is this more money down the drain or will something happen this time? Can an executive director that has no power to do anything be useful? Is this just to provide an extra layer of bureaucratic red tape?

I'm not complaining about the Appointment; just about the position. Is there any useful reason to have one? What are the duties? What will they be responsible for?

I would love to know what kind of employment agreement the board has tendered since the membership seems to have no say in this matter.
    Joe

9. dead on 4

dead on 4 Well-Known Member

Good call Maltz..... What's the old saying: "There's a time and place for everything" This ain't it for either.................

Surfer

10. grntitan

grntitan Well-Known Member

Joe "gun fitter" Goldberg,

Why do you care? You are not even a paid member of the ATA and haven't shot an ATA target since 2004. It sounds to me as if you are starting an arguement where you have no buisness doing so. If you were at least a paid member, i would see it much different. To me it is kinda like the people who do not vote for the President of the United States bitching about who was elected. You know??

I just get tired of people who don't even shoot ATA or at least pay their dues, worrying about why and how things are done.

I say give Mr.Gipson a chance instead of just writing him off as another......

11. gun fitter

gun fitter TS Member

grntitan- Again it's a shame you don't know what your talking about! Try looking at 2008 yes I was a member. I have personally had dealings with both prior executive directors and board members. There is a reason I'm not a member. However I donate to youth shooting every year and it's a lot more than your membership fee. When the AtA pulled out from the SCTP that was enough for me. If several key issues were to change I would be glad to join the ATA. One of them being that the general membership has no power and there can't even be a majority membership vote to change the things that are wrong with the ATA.
    Joe

12. Barry C. Roach

Barry C. Roach Well-Known Member

Oh Brother! The ATA finally makes a great choice for the helmsman of the ATA operations and the boo birds want to tear open old scars. What has happened in the past has nothing to do with Mr. Gipson's appointment. You'll soon find out how good an appointment he is.

By-the-way one of the businesses Mr. Gipson owned was computer cashiering of ATA shoots. He managed Missouri's computer cashiering for years and did it well.

13. maltzahn

maltzahn Active Member

Who would expect an all volunteer board of directors to work the day to day operations of a national oreganization? Only in this crowd of irrelavant clowns. The difference between leadership and management, paid employee for full time executing and directing. This ain't new stuff, just different people. Consulting every member as compared to your state governor asking you for approval of department appointments. Obviously there are some here that think they are important to the process while not having a clue or qualifications.

Maltz

14. likes-to-shoot

likes-to-shoot Well-Known Member

I find it interesting that someone who makes part of his living (making trap stocks or what ever) not only is not a member of the ATA but keeps criticizing it because of PAST executive directors and board members. Interesting, very interesting.

15. oleolliedawg

oleolliedawg Banned User Banned TS Supporters

You don't need big announcements when the ATA is run by the "good 'ol boy network". Everyone knows who is going to be in what position for years to come. And all vacancies are filled by word of mouth. I tried to be a delegate because I wanted to make a change to the stupidity but the position was already "filled"!!

Dawgs' wife

16. oleolliedawg

oleolliedawg Banned User Banned TS Supporters

Sic 'em Matt, sic 'em or treat 'em like an Illinois rabbit!!

17. Champion II

Champion II Active Member

Matt is right on the gunfitter he's not a member ,,...think he should clam up and worry about the quality of his work.

18. grntitan

grntitan Well-Known Member

19. gun fitter

gun fitter TS Member

Amazing how some can read but interpret something totally different than the English language.

First I have no problem with Mr. Gipson's appointment! He has very good qualifications. I wish him well.

Anyone know the cost to the ATA for the last two who were deemed ineffective from the Board. I'll bet anyone that it was a bunch.

I wonder what the contract is this time and how long before the board deems it invalid and starts another legal process costing the shooters.

Is there any power that the membership has. NO from what I have researched and been told The memberships function is to pay dues. Those that win the popularity contest are untouchable. Their is no provision for the membership to override or remove the board or a board member even if every voting member wants to. You only choice is to wait until they die or are replaced. A long process indeed.

The board in the past has hired directors and fires them when ever they want with a huge cost to the membership.

No I'm not an ATA member. I used to be. What does the ATA do for me?
    However I personally donate over $1000 in both money and additional time working with and helping junior shooters. When The ATA's Board in their infinite wisdom chose to leave the SCTP a very successful program to start a new one I had enough. I still help Junior trap shooters but I'm not paying for any ones vacations or guns.

How many of you who are criticizing me donate money or time to help new shooters. Joe

20. jim brown

jim brown Well-Known Member

I have supported the Cornhusker Shoot with time and money and I don't gain any income from the shooters or their families. How about you Joe, does your generous support of new shooters promote your business? BTW I am also a life member of the ATA and resent the unfounded criticism of non-members.

jim brown

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.