1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

New dollar coin

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by Bisi, Mar 3, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bisi

Bisi TS Member

Well I was at the post office and I received one of the new dollar coins for change. This is the one that is suppose to eventually have all the presidents on it.

They have been saying on the news how the mint hopes the public will accept this coin and start using it, because the paper dollar is getting too expensive to continually replace.

Are these government people that dam stupid? This new coin is the same size as the other 2 losers we rejected. The Susan B Anthony and the one that replaced it, the one that they made gold color, is the same size as the new presidential coins.

We don't want to use the damn thing because it is too close in size to the quarter. Hell ever time somebody would give me change with the Anthony coin or the other coin, I thought I was receiving quarters instead of dollars.

Make the new dollar coin bigger than the quarter and we might use it. If you really want us to use a dollar coin, go back to the Eisenhower dollar. They used to use em everywhere in Vegas.

Bisi

2. BigM-Perazzi

BigM-Perazzi Well-Known Member

It will never catch on as long as they continue to print the $1 bills.

JRC

3. The Rock

The Rock Active Member

If they truly want acceptance of the 1 buck coin stop printing the dollar bill.

Like most coins they are heavy and a pain.

I personally would not like a coin the weight and size of the old silver dollar.

I never had the mistaken coin problem epically the gold ones. Maybe it is the fact that a woman is on them makes it an unpopular popular coin???

And just where would the stores put that many 1 dollar coins. With all the money that passes between customers? The 1 dollar bill is the most used for change also. The weight and space would be a problem.

Rock

Jim

4. The Rock

The Rock Active Member

Better than what they have.

Rock

Jim

5. The Rock

The Rock Active Member

Back side.

6. Big Heap

Big Heap TS Member

The current complaint is that the coin does not include the "In God We Trust" imprint.

7. BigM-Perazzi

I believe it is on the circumference of the coin.

8. BigM-Perazzi

9. 2sonmike

2sonmike TS Member

Next time you have to buy stamps, give em back!

Mike

10. Big Heap

Big Heap TS Member

When everybody starts one of these collectors boards we will reduce the national debt since the coins only cost pennies to produce but cost a dollar to purchase. If everyone in the world would start a collection we could retire some of the debt that Hillary is so worried about. (Will there be a Clinton coin? Probably be pure tin.)

11. Bisi

Bisi TS Member

I lived in Nevada for a while in the late 70's and early 80's. We used a lot of the "Ike" coins back then. They worked in the slot machines, but they were given for change almost everywhere. They got a little cumbersome if carrying more than 4 or 5. I got quite attached to them. Like admiral ant said they were fun to throw up on a bar and hear "Ka Thunk". I think people would use the "Ike" size dollars because they wouldn't confuse them with a quarter like they now confuse the new dollar size. The "Ike" dollar wouldn't replace the paper dollar but I bet it could be made to replace 25% or the paper dollars.

Speaking of paper bills? I have found the $2 bill is getting harder to find. Whenever I would go on a trip, I would take a handful of $2 bills along for tips. I used to have no trouble finding them at the branch office of my local bank. The last 4 or 5 times I have been to my bank, I have asked for $2 bills and have been told that they are out of them. I have also gotten "funny" looks from the female bank tellers for asking for the $2 bill.

I heard on a radio talk show that strip clubs have been gobbling up $2 bills. Seems they have been giving change to their drinking customers in $2 bills increments. The strippers have become unhappy with working for the same $1 tip that they were working for 25 years ago. Now if all the patrons have is $2 bills they will tip with that bill instead of the $1 bill.

Is that true? I don't know myself, because I haven't been in a strip club for years. The last one I patronized was in Dayton at the "Living Room Lounge" while attending the Grand, and they still took dollars. I can't remember the address of that establishment but I believe it to be off Little York Rd. or Dixie Highway. Anybody else remember, which street that establishment was located?

Bisi

12. Porcupine

Porcupine Active Member

What irratates me is that there may eventually be a Clinton dollar. I hope I die before that happens.

Porkypine

13. phirel

phirel TS Member

Bisi was correct in his first post. Different domination coins should have different sizes that are easy to recognize. I, on occasion, even have a little difficulty distinguishing between the new quarters and nickels.

Pat Ireland

14. mearss1

mearss1 TS Member

They are on incused on the edge.

15. Bawana

Bawana TS Member

If they would make it so its by a glace look different from the other coins it would take off. By looking like a quarter it will not. The so called gold look is a joke. It will come off and or tarnish.

16. The Rock

The Rock Active Member

Try to find that in Sparta LOL.

Rock

Jim

17. Frank C

Frank C Well-Known Member

Hey they work in Canada and Australia.....any of you canucks and mates care to comment on how successful or how much of a disaster they were/are??

18. Frank C

Frank C Well-Known Member

Kiwi's have em too

19. clays

clays TS Member

The edge of the coin now has In God We Trust and E Pluribus Unum lightly etched on the edge, it looks like the new laser etching. This stuff will wear off in no time, especially when you happen to carry it in your pocket with other coins. They have been trying to take God off of our currency for years and now it looks like they have found another way to attempt it.

Clays

20. Tripod

Tripod Well-Known Member

great for poker games

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.