1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

New Dog

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by DONNE, Jan 7, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DONNE

DONNE Member

Good for you , and thanks for the "Rescue". There are a lot of nice dogs out there who have gotten a bad break from some rotten people.

I like the last picture , but I can tell you if that was one of our GSPs your living room would look like a tornado went through it and there would be blood and guts all over the carpet. They HATE cats !! Hope Molly can resist the temptation and good luck with her.

2. Martinpicker

Martinpicker Active Member

Good on ya',Mate! She will learn to know you saved her and will love you all the more for it! I firmly believe there is a special place in heaven for those who rescue dogs! Martinpicker

3. shadow

shadow Active Member

A GREAT deal for you and your new addition to the family. If there are any people I absolutely HATE it is those that would mistreat a dog!!!!!!!!!!!!

4. Catpower

Catpower Molon Labe TS Supporters

Glad you could rescue it, good looking pup

5. teddy34

teddy34 TS Member

Nice dog, you should be proud of you, your wife, and the dog (maybe the cat
    too).
    Gary Owen

6. CalvinMD

CalvinMD Well-Known Member

Molly is beautiful!..So glad fate brought you both together..love happy endings

7. greendrake

greendrake Member

Not to be religious, but screw it: God bless you and your family. Patience, patience, patience. I was the third owner of a brit/spca reject. Sweet dog/useless in field.

I'm looking again, but want a 6-7 week old puppy. I couldn't deal with another crazy dog.

Good luck and again. God bless you. russ luke

8. wireguy

wireguy TS Member

Well done copper.

9. Harv Shell

Harv Shell TS Supporters TS Supporters

They didn't nickname them the "velcro" dog for nothing. No better companion at night by the fire, after the wife of course, lol. Harv

10. high 2

high 2 Member

Is the dog already house broken? My 2 GSP's would have the house totaled in 10 mins. And as stated above, they hate cats. The male can kill an armadillo in just a few seconds. It's amazing how fast he can crack one open. Good luck with the new dog. Larry

11. cubancigar2000

cubancigar2000 Well-Known Member

You will love Molly. My son has a Viszla and they are a wonderful family pet ( his loves the cat) It was a little gun shy at first but has turned out to be a good birder. They can be a little wild at times, they have lots of energy. God Bless you for saving this dog Copper.

12. Stl Flyn

Stl Flyn Well-Known Member

Does the cat have all of it's claw? If so, I would be more worried for the dog, then the cat.

13. Shootrman

Shootrman Member

This past year we got a Goldendoodle after a two year brevment period to get over our last dog. I've always had hunting dogs and trained field trial labs. I'm extremely impressed with the nose on this dog. Finds the grand-kids hiding, rub a Qtip on anything, put it in a pill container with a hole in the lid and hide it anywhere in the house and she's on it. Several friends thought their ratchet deer were goners until the dog showed up. She found her last deer around 1000 yards from where the first blood laid. Just had her breed and should have pups by the end of this month

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.