1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

New DHS training targets

Discussion in 'Politics, Elections & Legislation' started by Don Steele, Feb 20, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Don Steele

Don Steele Well-Known Member

I keep hoping I'm going to find that this is some kind of hoax. Would someone PLEASE tell me this isn't really happening in America...???
    If not..then here are some of the latest practice targets being used by "homeland Security" to prepare their officers to be able to shoot without hesitation:

BTW: I couldn't help but notice ALL of these samples are white. NO-body in uniform. NO rogue cops, NO Islamic Army Majors. Just sayin'.

donsteele_2008_03033.jpg

2. Rick Barker

Rick Barker Well-Known Member

Perhaps someone will make some of our dear leaders.

Usually civilian targets are used in firearms training and retraining for "Shoot-Don't Shoot" scenarios.

Mockups of city streets where a LEO walks down the street and a target either appears on in a doorway, or at a range, it is mounted on a turning target board and it turns to face the LEO and the LEO is supposed to shoot a bad guy and hold fire on an innocent.

The drills are timed and provided with some stress factor.

These "innocent targets mixed with bad guy targets have been around for decades.

While these targets show women and children with guns pointed at you, they have identical targets with the same people holding cell phones, wallets and toy guns. These are things LEO's come across and the question is : Shoot or don't shoot? What do you do?

3. pyrdek

pyrdek Well-Known Member

Here is a link to the company that is the actual supplier of these targets. It took quite a bit of time for the site to open up. I suspect that there are a large number of people trying to get to this site to verify that it is indeed NOT A HOAX and the targets are really being sold to law enforcement agencies.

Click here to get to the company web site.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.