1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

New delegate gets around.

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by TjayE, Sep 4, 2013.

1. TjayE

TjayE Member

Over the Labor Day week end I shot at two different gun club about 200 miles apart. Guess who I met at both gun clubs. It was our newly elected Pennsylvania ATA delegate visiting the clubs and asking shooters what they thought would help improve the attendance at our ATA registered shoots. I had a short conversation with the delegate and I truly think he is sincere and trying to fulfill the duties of our elected state delegate. Can you guess the delegates name? Lets see if he write a monthly article in the T & F magazine. Good Luck Glenn with your new duties as delegate.

See you all at the Westy Hogans this week end. Tom

2. Phil Kiner

Phil Kiner Well-Known Member

Glen is a great guy and will do a great job- no doubt about it!!!

I however wonder about the usefulness of the monthly article

3. 9point3

9point3 Well-Known Member

Awesome! Delegates should be proactive and easy to approach and find, sounds like you have a winner!

4. verypoor

verypoor Member

If anyone see's him around, let me know. I want to talk to him about my reduction.

5. Uncle Sam

Uncle Sam Member

The guy is awesome!!!!....end of story........Uncle Sam, Pa.

6. TjayE

TjayE Member

Phil, I can't believe you said that about the usefulness of the monthly article. Didn't you used to write a monthly article for the Trap & Field magazine. Your articles were one of the first columns I would read when I got my magazine. Tom

7. Jim Lambert

Jim Lambert Member

verypoor....

while you're at it you should also inquire about an opening on the ALL STATE SAND SHOVELING DELEGATION...

Crazy Chester
    2dollarpistol_2008_030315.jpg

8. Phil Kiner

Phil Kiner Well-Known Member

Someone rose to the bait--

MY point was: I have heard on here continually how Trap and Field is TWF and Trapshooting USA is the only mag sooooo..... if that is the case why would a monthly in the worthless one be any good??

Or are there more that read T/F than let on and just choose to ignore when the pile on occurs (about all kinds of things) which seems to happen more and more here.

Personally I think T/F is great.

9. guinner16

guinner16 TS Member

I personally find it hard to praise or criticize anyone when they have been on the job for 5 days of their first target year. Like most, I will hold judgment on a person's job performance until they actually have done the job long enough to warrant an evaluation. I hope he does great and wish him luck in his first target year as delegate.

10. running bear

running bear Member

I have be a subscriber to Trap and Field since 1995 and love it.

Buck

11. David J Comroe

David J Comroe Active Member

I wrote the Delegate's report for T&F for about 5 years and it was one of the most painful things I've ever tried to do. I think in the 5 years I received 2-3 pieces of information from shooters across the state to include, and I live in the largest trapshooting state in the county and would ask for info until I was blue in the face. Getting information from clubs that I didn't personally shoot at was impossible.

Furthermore, the information I would submit each month came out in the issue 2-3 months later so it was already out of date and almost forgotten by the time it was reported. Frankly, in this day and age of instant information what value is 3 month old news?

12. JT 27

JT 27 Member

I personally think it is a good thing that the delegate is getting around the state. When I started (47 yr.s ago) I shoot all over Indiana. I saw our ATA delegate and state board members at a lot of the clubs. They would shoot at every club in the state at least once every year if at all possible.

13. zinger

zinger Member

Guinner16- Glen started the job the week after he was elected in June. He's done a great job so far!
    I agree with poster Mah65. All I've heard for the past 5 yrs was there was never anything in trap & field from PA. Give them what they want and show support to the small clubs. Exactly what our new delegate is doing.