1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

New Cynergy Troubles

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Ron Duvall, May 22, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ron Duvall

Ron Duvall TS Member

I purchased a new Cynergy Unsingle combo last Febuary after shooting a BT99 for years. I really like the new gun but for some reason I cannot keep the rib locked down on the unsingle barrel. I have not used lock tite yet for fear of want to move the rib.
    The other issue I have the gun seems to sound loose when fired? I have been over the gun many times to make sure it is tight but it still has a "ting" when fired.

Anyone else having these or other issues with the New Cynergy Classic Unsingle Combo?

Ron D

2. Hap MecTweaks

Hap MecTweaks Well-Known Member

Think I'd try some Blue Lock-Tite to hold the rib screw. The "ting" sounds,, even a few of the higher dollar adjustable rib guns have that same tinging sound. I'd think metal ribs would have more tinging than composite ones also?

Years ago I used an Edwards recoil reducer in my fixed stock and it too had a ting sound when the gun recoiled. The good thing I learned from that particular ting was the only times I heard it was if my head was planted firmly on the comb! I smoked birds when I heard it sing!

I'd just shoot it and let it do it's thing after getting the POI set properly. I like the quick striker your gun has too!

Hap

3. ontarioshooter98

ontarioshooter98 TS Member

When I first started shooting it I was constantly looking it over to make sure everything was in order, I have since tuned it out. Every 1,000-2,000 targets the rib does seem to loosen, as well as the choke tubes. Have your scores gone up or down with the new gun and do you fair better in windy conditions?
    Jake Rosmaninho

4. GIV1911

GIV1911 TS Member

I've had mine since December 08, I've had to locktite the stock bolt forearm screws, and epoxy in the comb screws, and yes mine has the tinging sound, from day one, over 5,000 shells thru mine and I it's a keeper. Bryan

5. shannon391

shannon391 Active Member

The rib sucks along with the 7 lbs creep triggers.

The butt pad and their jacked up adjustable comb system is a whole other story.

All this can be fixed but tournament ready gun my eye!

6. Rem870TB

Rem870TB Active Member

I have read this with interest.

While the Cynergy is not a "high dollar gun", it is reasonably expensive and sold as a target gun.

If the rib loosening is a common trait, it seems to me that it is something Browning should address, along with Miroku. This having a rib loosen in a couple thousand rounds is not what I would expect from a gun in this price range.

Last year I was looking at a Cynergy Classic Trap with more than passing interest but what I have read (to some extent) and mainly experience with a new BT-99 and getting it repaired has placed any plans to carry through with a purchase on the back burner.

7. Rem870TB

Rem870TB Active Member

"I quickly sold it because I thought the unsingle adjustable rib (which is the same as the Cynergy's) was as cheap as it gets in my eyes. To me it just wasn't as sturdy as I thought it needed to be."

I don't doubt that report at all.

It does pose the question; don't they use feedback from any of the shooters to find these things out and hopefully try to deal with them?

I guess the answer to that is "NO", which is unfortunate.

8. samiam03

samiam03 Member

Addressing user feedback is likely to be a function of the marketing department and would probably cut into their 4 star hotel budget for travel.

Or developing a proper rib might have delayed the marketing departments release date and change vacation schedules.

Lots of dumb decisions come out of marketing departments who employ people without real world experience.

9. trapp2012

trapp2012 Member

Ron,
    Don't worry about the center screw. I own the XT un-single version of this gun and have owned it for 3 years now and have at least 30 k rounds through the un-single itself. Do not worry about the little center screw in the middle of the rib just tighten them every time before you shoot and you'll be fine. And if you even so DARE put lock-tite in your gun what the heck are you going to do when you gain or loose weight or want the POI to be raised, guess what NOTHING because if that screw is to tight the rib will bow downward and will stay like that forever unless you wanna send it back to JAPAN god forbid (That will take FOREVER). So my advice do not put lock tite on it. Take it from some one who has owned the gun for 3 years. Or you could just take the center screw out totally like I did and make it a true floating rib. lol, but I put it back in.

Wow you guys must really have a grudge against Browning just because they recreated and improved the late Winchester 101 un-single now come on.
    Well I am done rambling now Ron and viewers.

---- A HAPPY Browning Citori XT Trap Un-single OWNER

And about your little tinging thats normal mine has done that since I got it out of the box.

10. magnaguy

magnaguy TS Member

I've had my Cynergy un-single combo for about 5 months now. i haven't had trouble with the rib screw coming loose. in fact there is one on either side of the rib and it came with one so tight i had a terrible time getting it loose to do my first adjustment. now it works good. i have had the problem described with the stock screw. Only 5 months and i have had to remove the butt pad twice to tighten up the stock screw. haven't resorted to lock-tite yet.

11. thunder

thunder Active Member

I wouldn't use blue lock tite. Lock tite has a purple which works great for screws you want to be able to loosen, use it sparingly.

Good Luck,
    Andy

12. ontarioshooter98

ontarioshooter98 TS Member

Loose ribs and screws aside, the cynergy is a great gun which I credit for my great scores that have come of late. Its lightweight, well designed, and very easy to shoot. I watched my scores on a downward spiral when I started shooting my fathers K-80. Within 1000 rounds with the cynergy I gained 4 yards and had a AA average from the 16.

Jake Rosmaninho

13. SARGE75X

SARGE75X Member

i got my new Cynergy Combo yesterday and plan to shoot it in my league tonight,I borrowed a MX15 for a day at the club but still bought the Browning because I wanted a combo and for less money.

14. sstella

sstella TS Member

I have had my Cynergy combo for going on 2 years now. The problem with the center rib tie down point was my first issue, a littlew blue lock tite did the trick. Also of concern is the wood screws on the comb comming loose, since these will not ever have to be removed a little wood glue on the threads did the trick. My only nagging problem is the unsingle ejector is intermittant 3 or 4 times during a round of trap it will not eject the shell but lift it instead with a popping sound. I found that with enough rem oil on the mechanisum on the reciever this problem goes away. I have put at least 5k rounds through the gun and have no real complaints it shoots as well as any other browning I have owned. As a note the double barrell does not have the ejector problems.

15. SARGE75X

SARGE75X Member

I made the right choice!

16. Irfner

Irfner TS Member

If you do use loc-tight and need to get the screw loose heat the screw with a soldering gun and the loc-tight will release. (I doubt you could get the barrel hot enough with an ordinary soldering gun to desolder anything attached to the barrel)

17. Ron Duvall

Ron Duvall TS Member

Thanks to all that responded positive and negitive.
    I am very sastified with the gun and have improved my scores greatly. I found that using heavy wax on my screws has reduced the amount of times they come loose. As for this not being a expensive gun as much as I love to shoot and in todays economy the Cynergy Unsingle combo fit my budget quite well.
    I have as of 5/26/2009 ran 6500 rounds through this gun with no failures including over 1000 doublesI am sastified that I made a good choice.
    Ron Duvall

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.