1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

new constitutional ammendment needed

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by Trapshooter, Jul 21, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Trapshooter

Trapshooter Well-Known Member

Put senators in there too.

2. Rick Barker

Rick Barker Well-Known Member

You need term limits.

Put members of the Congress for no more than 6 - 2 year terms.

Senators, no more than 2 - 6 year terms.

Put back the provision that Senators to being appointed by the Governer of the State they represent like it was before and not elected by the people.

This will prevent you getting Senators for life like you did with Kennedy and Byrd. New governer comes in, he can put people of his choice in and they will answer to him, whereas now, they answer to no one.

People tend to forget past transgressions with a 6 year term and vote them right back in, plus there is way too much buying of Senators by high rollers.

No Senator or Congressman may be a lobbyist after they leave office, and may not accept appointments to government agencies or military branches. Just way too much corruption in this regard.

3. timberfaller

timberfaller Well-Known Member

Email it to the Freshmen Sen Allen West that where any changes are going to start, with the freshmen.

Keep voting out the incumbents!!

4. Hal1225

Hal1225 Member

Eliminate the privately, secretly owned Federal Reserve Bank and abolish usury.
    Only Government according to the Constitution has the right to Print and Coin money. It should be circulated interest free! It is beyond my imagination that the Government would allow a privately owned bank to charge interest to the Government to use its own printed and coined money. How many Americans know that the Federal Reserve Bank is owned by Rothschild and Friends, not the Government, Rothschild and Friends own the Bank of England too and pulled off the same skeem there also. The interest on the National debt is a real windfall for these secret bankers and Israel gets a disproportional amount of foreign aid because of the secret bankers control of our country and Congresses failure to follow the Constitution.

Harry Lyga

5. dhip

dhip Active Member

OK,have I gotten stupid or what?

Congress = House of Representitives

Senate

It's not Congress and Senate, Congress is the entire body .

Enlighten me.

Doug H.

6. pyrdek

pyrdek Well-Known Member

Article 1 Section 3 of the U.S. Constitution

The Senate of the United States shall be composed of two Senators from each State, (chosen by the Legislature thereof,) (The preceding words in parentheses superseded by 17th Amendment, section 1.) for six Years; and each Senator shall have one Vote.

The original wording gives the responsibility of selecting the U.S. Senator from each state to the LEGISLATURE of that state. It was amended by the 17th Amendment to directly elect the Senators. It is NOT the Governor but the Legislature who originally had the responsibility of selecting the U.S. Senators representing their state.

7. Rick Barker

Rick Barker Well-Known Member

Pyrdek, thank you for correcting me. Proves we must refer to the document frequently from time to time as memory is not perfect. I think I was confusing the power of appointment of a senator to fill an immediate vacancy, until the State body convenes.

I think the point is still the same however, the Senator is suppose to be an advocate of the State, the House Rep is an advocate of the people.

So you in reality, you have the House, representing the people, the Senate representing the State, the President representing the Nation and the Supreme Court representing the Constitution..........at least that was the way it was supposed to be.

Wilson, Congress and the States that adopted it ruined an excellent system with the 17th amendment.

Two senators are easier to "buy" than dozens or more House Reps from the same State. Perhaps this is the reason the House is the true seat of power.

8. pyrdek

pyrdek Well-Known Member

Rick,

I am in Total Agreement with your position about returning the U.S. Senate selection to the States.

It would also remove the impetus for so many in the state legislatures (and governors) to try to "improve" THEIR chance to be elected as a U.S. Senator by forcing legislation in the state that serves to promote THEIR chances of getting state wide votes by promoting programs designed to buy votes (using your tax dollars) from certain selected areas of the state to the detriment of much of the population of the remaining part of the state.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.