1. We have added the ability for anyone to 'bump' threads that they have created. This is mainly useful in the classifieds area where posters constantly bump for sale threads to bring it to the top. This allows them the ability to do that without having to clutter the thread with extra 'TTT' and 'Bump' type posts. To bump it, go inside your thread and click on 'Thread Tools' at the top, then select 'bump'. You can bump only once per 24 hour period.

For more detailed information please see this post: Thread Bump Functionality.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

New concept for solving cross dominance/firing

Discussion in 'For Sale- Members only' started by targetchip, Jan 23, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. targetchip

targetchip Banned User Banned

0   0   0

....it is called "XD Solution"

Here is something to consider.

Looking at all the options for blockers, like dots, tape, patches, the XD ( which is a semi blocker) is the most tolerant on "aiming" b/c the eyes remain free, compared with the others ones that "force" you to aim.(one eye shooting).

The XD will preserve your binocular vision and will give you the visual potential (free eyes) to focus better on the target.

Allowing the light to be perceived by both of your eyes, will also give you the natural visual comfort, that will help you to avoid fatigue and headache.

If you have used tapes, dots or patches that killed your binocular vision over the time, when shooting, switching to XD and liberating your eyes is a sensation of relief that many encounter. Some get used to it on the spot and for others it takes longer, but the outcome is net superior to dots, tapes or patches.

The functionality of the XD can be understood considering its position related to the eyes: in front and between them, which makes the XD to be a semi blocker.

It will not allow the dominant or cross firing eye to see the barrel but it does permit the target to see from the beginning to the end.

The peripheral vision is in place, so important for your timing.

The XD is something new that beats the classical dot, tape and patch by concept and functionality.

You can find more about the XD Solution by visiting: our website.

2. Tron

Tron Supporting Vendor Supporting Vendor

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0

Very interesting.

3. Cush

Cush TS Member

0   0   0

I'll bet this is a tremendous aid in helping you aim your shotgun.

4. targetchip

0   0   0

Cush, if you read the beginning of the thread again, you will understand why the XDS is the best compared to the classical dot tape patch wink.

If those blockers cut the binocular vision to monocular vision( one eyed shooting)you will understand that these ones are those who force you to aim
    the shotgun.
    The XDS is not a blocker (is a semi blocker)that will allow your eyes to focus on the target without any interference.

Try the test( thumb up) on which the XDS was created and you will see that your eyes are totally free to leave the barrel and focus on the target.

5. gyrine

gyrine TS Member

0   0   0

I would like to hear Phil Kiner's take on this. Why don't you send him one for evaluation?

6. likes-to-shoot

likes-to-shoot Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

"If those blockers cut the binocular vision to monocular vision( one eyed shooting)you will understand that these ones are those who force you to aim the shotgun."

So tell me how that forces you to aim the shotgun....by the way I'm a one eyed shooter and I keep my on target not the beads.

7. Cush

Cush TS Member

0   0   0

So the XDS system blocks the off eye only when you are fully into the gun? Isn't that kind of an important time to be reading the target, ideally?

8. us820

us820 Active Member

0   0   0

A one eye shooter lead our state averages this year.It is not a death sentence.

9. targetchip

0   0   0

-gyrine, we sent an XDS to Phill.Waiting for his opinion!

-likes to shoot,one eye shooting gives you more barrel awareness and more likely the eye is cached to aim.

-Cush, your eyes are free to see the target with your both eyes before and after the gun is mounted.

-US820 I will not argue about proved facts, but many can't wink, bear a dot,tape or patch, many encounter eye fatigue,headaches b/c of those blockers or have body balance problems.
    Using an XDS all those problems are gone!

10. gyrine

gyrine TS Member

0   0   0

Targetchip..... Thanks for response! gyrine

11. targetchip

0   0   0

gyrine you are welcome

12. targetchip

0   0   0

What does the XDS do differently than a small piece of tape or dot?

The DOT is placed on the glasses, very CLOSE to the shooter's eye!

-the role of the dot is to BLOCK the dominat eye to see the barrel and the target,once the gun mounted.

As a result, your vision is cut down from BINOCULAR vision to MONOCULAR vision
    (ONE EYE) with its downsides on reading correctly the dinstance, angle and speed of the bird.

The monocular vision can cause visual errors especially when we shoot upon moving targets

On many peoples, the dot is causing side effects like headache, fatigue etc.

The XD Solution device is placed in FRONT and BETWEEN the shooter's eyes on the trigger guard.

Due to this placement, the XD solution DOESN'T BLOCKS the master eye,only LIMITS its posibility to see the gun's barrel.

In same time allows the master eye to see the target even after the gun was mounted.

Because of this placement,the XDS in not a BLOCKER, like the dot,tape or patch,but a SEMI BLOCKER.

The gun target relationship is realized using two eyes, instead of one, when using the dot, tape, patch.

As a result the cross dominate or cross firing shooter can shoot from his
    handedness side participating in the shooting action with full visual capacity,like any other " regular" guy that shoots with binocular vision.

My respect for anyone using a dot or tape and my satisfaction that the XDS,can keep shooting those who can't wink,wear a tape or dot,B/C they encounter eye fatigue, headache or body balance disorder

The XDS is for all and is a step forward in solving cross dominant eye and cross firing problems!

13. targetchip

0   0   0

I HAVE SHOT TRAP 38 YEARS 200,OOO TARGETSPLUS GREAT VISION TILL MY 50S. RIGHT HANDED. AA 27 AA. BUT CROSSFIREING HAS KICKED MY ASS FOREVER.75 STRAIT LOOKING GOOD GO TO POST 1 HOLD MY BREATH GOOD POST 2 OOPS DAMN. OR OOPS POST 1 GOT ME AGAIN.HELL U WILL MISS A NICE FAT STRAITAWAY JUST WONDERING DAMN CAN I GET 5 LEFT ANGLES IN A ROW. MINN STATE SHOOT MISSED 7 TARGETS 6 LEFT ANGLES POSTS ONE AND TWO ONE DAMN SA FROM POST ONE ANTICIPATING A LEFT.YOU NEVER KNOW WHEN LEFT EYE WILL LOCK ON AND WHEN MY BARREL HITS THE TARGET I PULL THE TRIGGER. WELL I DONT KNOW HOW FAR THE SHOTCOLUMN GOES AWRY BUT IT DOES FOR SURE.WELL I HAVE TRIED HYPNOSIS OSMOSIS THROMBOSIS SCOLIOSIS AND PURPOSLY CROSSING MY EYES AS MY GUN APPROACHES THE BIRD. IT ONLY WORKS FOR DOUBLES!DOTS ,TAPE,FIBER OPTICS,BLADE,PEEP SIGHTS YOU NAME IT I TRIED IT.NO LUCK!SAW THIS THREAD LAST WEEK ORDERED XD SOLUTIONS GOT IT THURSDAY BROKE 25 STRAIT PRACTICE 27 YRDS 25 STRAIT FROM POST ONE 16 YDS 18 WERE HARD LEFT ANGLES.BAZINGA!!!!MY SUBCONSCIOUS MIND CAN KISS MY ASS.WENT TO BOB REDFIELDS MEMORIAL SHOOT BROKE THE ONLY 100 STRAIT SHOT IN 16 YD WHICH I WAS PROUD OF TILL GEORGE PAPAS BROKE 100 IN DOUBLES A10 TO 15 MPH QUARTERING TAILWIND PROCTOR GC IS NOT AN EASY PLACE TO SHOOT OK!well i guess i like it and will recomend you try it george jacobson

14. GEORGE JACOBSON

GEORGE JACOBSON TS Member

0   0   0

I have tried every way known to the target shooting world,to overcome crossfiring.this system works for me! I would like a better way of attaching it to the gun.Try it u will like it.

15. targetchip

0   0   0

George, we have improved the attaching base of the XDS, so email us to send you a new one.

Thank you!

16. BIGDON

BIGDON Well-Known Member

0   0   0

I think maybe you ought to get George a new adding machine also. He is about 75,000 short of 200,000 and I didn't see a AA27AA. That's alright maybe with the new gizmo this might be the year.

I think I will just stick with the "majic dot". 342,750 targets.

Don

17. deadeye45

deadeye45 Member

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0

How would the comparison go, to the 'Sight Blinder' From Meadow Industries?

http://www.meadowindustries.com/sights.html#sight

The Aiming eye sees the front bead using the Sight-Blinder and the opposite eye does not see the bead; this resists eye switching during the swing toward a target. Use 2 eyes open and shoot with confidence. The blinder fits all rib widths wider than ΒΌ inch and is secured to the rib with strong 2-sided adhesive that is on the blinder. (See more details for the Sight-Blinder). See details to order extra 2-sided adhesive strip.

18. us820

us820 Active Member

0   0   0

With the Meadow industries you still see two barrels.

I think this is a good idea.I have not tried it.

19. targetchip

0   0   0

BIGDON, good for you, but you should try the XDS to improve your average:)

George, is a happy gentlemen and this is all about!

deadeye 45, here is what you have to know about the Sight-Blinder

The theory here is that the "off eye" cannot see
    the bead, and by blocking the bead from the
    master eye, you can let the other eye control
    the aiming. The theory is good, but in actual
    practice this is a really sorry solution. The
    problem with it is this. Your actual sight
    picture that the brain uses is a lot more than
    just the bead. Your brain knows that the bead is
    just part of what you are pointing. In fact you
    are pointing a receiver, barrel, and vent rib,
    in addition to the bead. All of this is sight
    picture. The fence only stops your "off eye" from
    seeing the bead. The "off eye" can still see the
    rib and barrel, which actually makes up more of
    the sight picture than the bead does.
    The fence while sounding good, has never caught
    on well, even though it has been around for at
    least 50 years by various geniuses that have
    invented it. If it really worked well, you would
    see them all over the place, but not!
    Sorry for those who get trapped to buy it!

The XDS takes out totally the barrel from the
    dominate eye,and preserve the binocular vision!
    The concept is on the web, so no secret on why the XDS works!

20. targetchip

0   0   0

I HAVE SHOT TRAP 38 YEARS 200,OOO TARGETSPLUS GREAT VISION TILL MY 50S. RIGHT HANDED. AA 27 AA. BUT CROSSFIREING HAS KICKED MY ASS FOREVER.75 STRAIT LOOKING GOOD GO TO POST 1 HOLD MY BREATH GOOD POST 2 OOPS DAMN. OR OOPS POST 1 GOT ME AGAIN.HELL U WILL MISS A NICE FAT STRAITAWAY JUST WONDERING DAMN CAN I GET 5 LEFT ANGLES IN A ROW. MINN STATE SHOOT MISSED 7 TARGETS 6 LEFT ANGLES POSTS ONE AND TWO ONE DAMN SA FROM POST ONE ANTICIPATING A LEFT.YOU NEVER KNOW WHEN LEFT EYE WILL LOCK ON AND WHEN MY BARREL HITS THE TARGET I PULL THE TRIGGER. WELL I DONT KNOW HOW FAR THE SHOTCOLUMN GOES AWRY BUT IT DOES FOR SURE.WELL I HAVE TRIED HYPNOSIS OSMOSIS THROMBOSIS SCOLIOSIS AND PURPOSLY CROSSING MY EYES AS MY GUN APPROACHES THE BIRD. IT ONLY WORKS FOR DOUBLES!DOTS ,TAPE,FIBER OPTICS,BLADE,PEEP SIGHTS YOU NAME IT I TRIED IT.NO LUCK!SAW THIS THREAD LAST WEEK ORDERED XD SOLUTIONS GOT IT THURSDAY BROKE 25 STRAIT PRACTICE 27 YRDS 25 STRAIT FROM POST ONE 16 YDS 18 WERE HARD LEFT ANGLES.BAZINGA!!!!MY SUBCONSCIOUS MIND CAN KISS MY ASS.WENT TO BOB REDFIELDS MEMORIAL SHOOT BROKE THE ONLY 100 STRAIT SHOT IN 16 YD WHICH I WAS PROUD OF TILL GEORGE PAPAS BROKE 100 IN DOUBLES A10 TO 15 MPH QUARTERING TAILWIND PROCTOR GC IS NOT AN EASY PLACE TO SHOOT OK!well i guess i like it and will recomend you try it george jacobson

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

bead blocker dots