1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

New CIA Torture Method.....(OT)

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by Hauxfan, Apr 28, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hauxfan

Hauxfan Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Hauxfan!

2. merlynstrapguns

merlynstrapguns Well-Known Member

Put me down in the colum of doing whatever is nessessary to get the captives to talk. Their temporary discomfort is of no consequence to me when compared to saving 1 American life which I do care about.....merlyn

3. Hauxfan

Hauxfan Well-Known Member

Right on Merlyn. I think most of us on this board think the same way.

Hauxfan!

4. atashooter

atashooter Member

I'm just gonna list a quote off Pulp Fiction...

" Send in a couple Hard Piping Brothers with a pair of pliers and a blow torch. We gonna get Medieval on yo ass, for what short, painful, little life you have left".

5. PerazziBigBore

PerazziBigBore TS Member

People don't think in correct terms.. Think for a moment.. your wife and children are kidnapped.. Now what method do you think you'll restrict me to..???? It would make a Rambo movie look like a first course for beginners..I come from the days of a steel helmut and a candle.. Water.. that's for children..

6. Bushmaster1313

Bushmaster1313 Well-Known Member

Without using the word "torture" or the term "violate the Geneva Convention" could someone please articulate just what is wrong with waterboarding as an interrogation method?

Are the liberals really saying that terrorists have a right to remain silent?

7. Recoil Sissy

Recoil Sissy Well-Known Member

atashooter:

By definition, a quote is an exact 'word for word' copy of text taken from a book, speech, movie script, etc. Anything placed between quotation marks carries the expectation of verbatim accuracy.

While it is perfectly acceptable for you to restate the Pulp Fiction passage in your own words, it then becomes a paraphrased passage or perhaps a summary of the original text. It is not however, a quote and rephrased passages should never be placed between quotation marks.

In fairness, little of the memorable dialogue from Pulp Fiction is appropriate for quotation on this site.

sissy

8. Recoil Sissy

Recoil Sissy Well-Known Member

Bushmaster1313:

As a general statement, it is a simple matter to google "torture" and read far more about the grisly subject than any reasonably normal human would ever want to know. Frankly, I find anything legitimately called torture to be profoundly disturbing. While the so called 'enhanced interrogation techniques' are nasty business, IMO calling them 'torture' requires a politically motivated expansion of the definition.

So in response to your question, following are two separate quotes from a November 18, 2005 ABC News story. Considering the unreliable nature of the source, I assume any information contained therein to be spun for maximum negative effect...

"According to the sources, CIA officers who subjected themselves to the water boarding technique lasted an average of 14 seconds before caving in. They said al Qaeda's toughest prisoner, Khalid Sheik Mohammed, won the admiration of interrogators when he was able to last between two and two-and-a-half minutes before begging to confess."

"This is the problem with using the waterboard. They get so desperate that they begin telling you what they think you want to hear," one source said.

The second quote is one version of an oft repeated claim that any information obtained by 'enhanced interrogation techniques' is questionable at best, probably false, and thus totally unreliable. If true, that would explain, "... what is wrong with waterboarding as an interrogation method"?

My understanding (subject to correction) is that water boarding was conducted on a grand total of three captured terrorists. In the past week or so, former V.P. Cheney has called for the declassification of files which would clarify what information water boarding produced from those three lunatics and whether the information was accurate and reliable - or not.

Since the liberal press has already published the details and limits of U.S. interrogation techniques, I can't think of any reason why Cheney's "put up or shut up" request to Obambi's administration shouldn't be granted.

sissy

9. BIGDON

BIGDON Well-Known Member

Liberals want to apply American civil law to WAR, when WAR has different rules and most civil law doesn't apply.

When kick ass and don't bother with names should apply.

Don

10. j2jake

j2jake Well-Known Member

Haskins Bill self demonstration of your suggested method is in order. I see nothing to warrant your post. Sissy you are spot on! Jake

11. stokinpls

stokinpls Well-Known Member

Haskins Bill, is that some sort of torture?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.