1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

New CG Summit Trap vs. Used Ljutic

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by JD Jake, Oct 11, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JD Jake

JD Jake Member

Which would you buy?

2. Beretta Young Gun

Beretta Young Gun Active Member

I would personally purchase a used ljutic over a new CG sumnmit. The CG has all the adjustability any shooter could as for but the ljutic is built to last a lifetime. CG as an amazing warranty program, but why send a gun back to the factory to check to see if everything is working properly when you could have a gun that rarely malfunctions. I have own both types of gun but i shot my ljutics far better than u shot the CG. This is just my opinion, you should choose the gun that fits you the best, breaks the target, and is enjoyable for you to shoot. Good Shooting =) BYG

3. chipking

chipking TS Member

Buy both you can't shoot doubles with a Ljutic unless you can load real quick. That is unless the used Ljutic is a O/U. I have both and I can and have used the Summit 32" O/U for everything. In fact it just got me another 1/2yard punch on Saturday. My Ljutic will probably be going back to Ljutic for their winter special this year since it is getting a little wobbly.

--- Chip King ---

4. JACK

JACK Well-Known Member Supporting Vendor

I buy and sell guns considering resale to be paramount part of the decision. You can buy a used Ljutic for $3500 and wait a long time to resell it for $2500. Roughly a 30% loss. You can buy a new CG for 4 grand and incur a resale loss of less than 30%. Prob closer to 15%. And sell it in a week on TS.com

5. ljutic73

ljutic73 Well-Known Member

or you could just buy the Ljutic and shoot of forever....and buy something for doubles...

6. Old Texas Marine

Old Texas Marine Member

Ljutic.

HBT

7. K80Dude

K80Dude Member

Ljutic, at least they will stand behind their product! Why anyone would by a CG product now amazes me!!!

8. rhymeswithorange

rhymeswithorange Member

CG is not standing behind their product? How so? Thanks.

9. Big Jack

Big Jack Well-Known Member

It's your choice and your money..Shoot them both, and YOU make up your mind..My choice would be the Ljutic but then I don't buy them with resale in mind...My first gun was a Remington .22 when I was a kid & it's still in my safe...that's dating back almost sixty years. Incidently, my Ljutic was made in 1983 and it'll be around for my sons to argue over when I'm gone.

Big Jack

10. rhymeswithorange

rhymeswithorange Member

Nevermind K80Dude, the last thing TS.com needs is another CG argument, I regretted it as soon as I typed it. Don't you shoot at Elburn?

Dave Eberhart

11. K80Dude

K80Dude Member

Dave, yes I do. I understand this site does not need another CG argument. I do stand behind my statement. If I owned one I would not be in a hurry to go out and sell it but if I was a new buyer in the market I would not be buying a CG until somethings were figured out. When making a purchase of this size I tend to find many brands will all fit my needs. At the end of the day I find the service of the factory and the dealers tends to make my final choice. In the case of these two choices in this thread I would have to go Ljutic.

David

12. goose2

goose2 Well-Known Member

It amazes me how people can come on here and tell someone which gun to buy and which gun not to buy when they don't know which one if any fits.
    Both of these guns are fine guns and you will here pro's and cons with both.
    I cant say it loud enough. "BUY THE ONE THAT FITS YOU (not everyone on here) THE BEST".

13. K80Dude

K80Dude Member

The odds of buying any gun off the shelf that fits is slim to none. I have never picked up a shotgun of any make that fits me out of the box. This is why I went the way of PFS.

14. kraiza

kraiza Active Member

PFS stock are good.......

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.