1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

New Car Help - Ford Escape - Any experiences

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by tjwatc, Feb 29, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tjwatc

tjwatc TS Member

I am starting the process of looking for a new car. I like the look and price of the Ford Escape. I was wondering if anyone has had experiences with them and would care to share. If you have any other suggestions for a small sized SUV, I would love to here them.

Thanks

2. Quack Shot

Quack Shot Active Member

It's not a bad vehicle for the money. You should get the V6 option, since the old 4cyl was anemic. I drove a few over the years and I thought they were pretty good. I took several 600+ mile trips and got decent fuel economy and the ride was not too bad. I didn't notice any major comfort issues either and that is unusual for me.

3. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

Deplorable Bitter Clinger in Liberal La La Land
    Hopefuly the Escapes are made better than they were in 2004. The one we test drove was cheap looking inside and had a lot of road feedback through the steering wheel. I thought my hands were going to go numb. And the mileage was not impressive compared to other vehicles in its class. We went with a Toyota RAV4 instead.

4. KEYBEAR

KEYBEAR Active Member

Really the only two cars that get GOOD mileage rides well and are comfortable is Honda and Toyota . The four cyl. Toyota will get you 35 plus in town and city as will Honda . Jeep is a joke when it comes to mileage . 19 mpg is not exceptable with gas on it,s way to four dollars . Ford Chevrolet Ford and Chrysler have not got it yet and never will . It,s MILEAGE AND COMFORT and not the name and junk .

5. foghorn220

foghorn220 Active Member

Ok my parents bought a new Escape about 3 months ago and they like it I also talked to a ford guy and he said it was basically a Mazada and was a good vehichile I have no ideal what they paid for it and have never drove it but they said it was pretty nice ride anyway the sticker said it didn't get real good gas milage forgot what it said now but in the upper teen's to the mid 20's.

Foghorn220

6. Loyac

Loyac Member

TOYOTA RAV4 - HONDA CRV - SUBARU FORRESTER... You wont regret it. John

7. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

Deplorable Bitter Clinger in Liberal La La Land
    Despite wild claims to the contrary here, Consumer Reports stated just a couple nights ago on news program that as far as quality goes, a seven year old Toyota is just as reliable as a three year old Detroit product. They noted that a few Detroit vehicles were rated highly, but they were in a definite minority. Detroit still has a long way to go to match the Japanese. Toyota and Honda simply stomped Detroit to the curb for quality. Especially noted was the propensity of vehicles made by Detroit to have electrical problems, particularly with window motors and wiring harnesses, and complaints in this area far exceeded the same complaints for Japanese vehicles. Maybe a little less flag waving and a little more actual fact checking might be in order here.

8. cubancigar2000

cubancigar2000 Well-Known Member

I doubt that any car could compare to the Subaru in quality. They are more %% though. THe Forester is an excellent car.

9. cubancigar2000

cubancigar2000 Well-Known Member

Before buying any car that says Jeep on it, I highly suggest you do your homework on resale value and repair problems.

10. Bisi

Bisi TS Member

When I seen that Brian in Oregon posted a response I already knew his answer without having to read it. Brian believes that Toyota workers don't even have to go to the bathroom. They are that superior to the subhumans who build Fords or GM products.

Consumer Reports, what a leftist rage. I could urinate into a wine bottle, cap it, and put a French label on it, and somebody from Consumer Reports would do a critique on it. And the critique would be - "it is far superior to any domestic wine anyone could buy for any price in the US".

11. KTOGP32

KTOGP32 TS Member

Honda CRV is at the top of this class in every category. Or if you want a real hot rod and fuel economy too, the Toyota RAV4 with the V-6. These will cost you $3-5K more initally than the Escape, but you'll get all of that back on the other end, plus you won't have to put up with the poor engineering and workmanship for years.

12. Hauxfan

Hauxfan Well-Known Member

My son has the Mazda equivalent and while his vehicle has over 100,000 miles on it, it hasn't need any major repairs, and very few minors ones that I can think of.

Been a good vehicle for him and he does drive like his daddy......fast.

Hauxfan...............

13. BILL GRILL

BILL GRILL Well-Known Member

well I have had a Rav4, Honda crv and an Escape. Tha Escape was head and shoulders above the others as far as beeing a nice car. The new CRV might be better but you couldn't give me another one of the old style. It was like riding in a cracker box, road noise was terrible.The escape also seemed to have more room inside than the other two. Also when I sold the Escape it was easier to sell and I got a better return. Bill

14. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

Lifetime warranty should sell quite a few Jeep vehicles.

HM

15. phirel

phirel TS Member

I looked at an Escape not long ago. To me, it rode bumpy and did not have the gadgets I liked. I bought another Explorer. The posted mileage on the Escape is only about two MPG more than my Explorer. The Explorer costs about one Perazzi more than the Escape.

Pat Ireland

16. sako2115

sako2115 TS Member

The RAV with V-6 is supposedly a great all around performer and do it all kind of vehicle. Will take you to the shoots with some performance and utility. However, a friend who is a Toyota service advisor, reports that Toyota quality is slipping quite a bit due, likely, to a rush to get product to market. He reported some water leakage problems with the new RAV. So...you takes your picks and chances..

17. KEYBEAR

KEYBEAR Active Member

Lifetime Warranty (is it really) What BS. that is . It,s way past time for new cars not getting way better gas mileage . With gas at $3.20 around here and going up every day I will never buy a car that gets less then 30mpg . I seen car Diesel yesterday at $3.79 . I have a friend that has a new Jeep Diesel it has never seen 20 mpg .

18. miketmx

miketmx Well-Known Member

I have owned Jeep Cherokees since 1987 and we get about 21 mpg on the road with em. I recently bought a Jeep Patriot and we are getting around 30 mpg with it. It has the 5 speed stick shift and so far we really like everything about it. If I decide to replace our 99 Cherokee it will probably be a Jeep Liberty as I consider the Patriot to be a 4 X 4 car but Not possible to haul a trailer with it.

19. Loyac

Loyac Member

I recently read where VW is going to be offering a Diesel Electric (Hybrid) in the Golf (Rabbit), Jetta and their new smaller TIGUAN SUV. It's a 2 liter engine and gets 69.9 MPG in the GOLF!!! John

20. g7777777

g7777777 TS Supporters TS Supporters

why would you get a ford?? problems with any warranty repair

Plus- they are going to go out of buisness

wonder why they are cheap? you get what you pay for

Gene

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.