1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

New car for the wife!!!

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by BlkSmoke, Mar 4, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BlkSmoke

BlkSmoke Member

Because of my shooting habits, this is what the wife wants.

2. W.P.T.

W.P.T. TS Member

I was going to say you got a good deal if you got that car for your wife, but the car can't cook and do dish's ... "Who Cares" ..? Not my color but a nice car any way ... WPT ... (YAC) ...

3. Chango2

Chango2 Active Member

"Batman!!! Batman!!!"

Probably great techy-wise and value-wise, but the styling that I see makes it too "drawn in study hall by a talented tenth grader..."

4. ljutic73

ljutic73 Well-Known Member

If they're gonna call it a Sting Ray, it oughta look a bit like the original...nobody has improved on the original design from '63 IMHO.

5. Ahab

Ahab Well-Known Member

Hey Chango ... not everything is supposed to look like a deezul pickem up truck!

6. d endicott

d endicott Member

good trade

7. porky

porky TS Member

I like it better than the 80's and 90's versions.

8. GW22

GW22 Active Member

Yes, rewarding GM for failing miserably, going on welfare, and stabbing their bondholders in the back is an excellent idea!

-Gary

9. eightbore

eightbore Well-Known Member

If Ford can build the GT40, why can't they build a Cobra? Fat cats all over my area are building Cobra Repros for $100,000 and up. The factory should get in on a little bit of that action. A Corvette without a trunk is not my style.

10. BAD 303

BAD 303 Active Member

I just wish peiople in this country did not have such short memories. Hang all the taxpayers and bond holders out to dry and a couple years later nobody cares. Time people make these corporations that make bad choices pay. Buy Ford if for no other reason than they have earned our business with pretty sound financial decisions.

11. GW22

GW22 Active Member

RIGHT ON, Bad 303. People run their mouths about accountability but few of us have the character to put our money where our mouths are. My three GMs were sold within a year of when they went on welfare and nobody under my roof will ever drive one again. After 30 straight years of driving GM they are DEAD to me now. New Ford in the garage.

-Gary

12. hoggy

hoggy TS Member

Might be a Carol Shelby thing as far as Ford not building a Cobra. Remember Carol Shelby went to Chrysler after Ford. Course I may be all wrong. If this was 30 years ago I'd know the answer for sure.

13. fneumayer

fneumayer TS Member

I had a '63 Sting Ray in '69... Maybe again someday?

14. fneumayer

fneumayer TS Member

Here's a photo of back end... split window and all!

15. GW22

GW22 Active Member

Hoggy: Do you mean bad blood between Carroll Shelby and Ford? Didn't they patch things up and collaborate on the Ford GT 6 or 8 years ago?

-Gary

16. Auctioneer

Auctioneer Well-Known Member

Talk about something that will have every cop taking notice.

17. Charlie Becknell

Charlie Becknell Well-Known Member

When I looked at the back end of the car , I did not see a trailer hitch or Reese hitch ? Does this car come with some kind of tailgate for gun assembly? Do they make it in 4 WD?

Charlie

18. Chango2

Chango2 Active Member

AHAB...my favorite design in a vehicle was the original Edsel. However, the front end treatment was, ahem, too distracting and evocative. Maybe that new 'Vette does make better sense in that context; looks more like something that flys or swims, something dynamic vs. coy.

19. capulona

capulona TS Member

Okay, where does my humble BT-99 go in this car?

20. Chango2

Chango2 Active Member

The BT-99 (and any shotgun) needs to be broken down and go into the spare tire well. The packaging for the gun(s), in the 'Vette, will be fitted fiberglass luggage lined with NOS Pontiac Aztek car seat cover material. That is the "Trapgunner's Option", "RPO-TMX" in GM speak. 'Vettes with that option will have run flat tires and no spare. However, that option also requires a CD changer delete and side exhausts are no longer available with the RPO-TMX because GM knows that shotgunners tend to be portly and may burn their calves getting in and out of their new 'Vette at the trapclub. I'm told GM really fears lawsuits due to the McDonald hot coffee incident and subsequent award in court.

The RPO-TMX will also require softened springs and non-adjustable shock damping (with that magnetic responding-fluid system) so traprounds carried in the car are not affected in their pressure curves due to undue jostling while being transported in the 'Vette. This will be called the "RPO-JD" delete, or "jarring delete" code, again in GM speak. Cost for the "RPO-JD" option is scheduled to be under $100.00, but might include a $20.00 gift card to be used at Cabelas.

I got the inside word at the Bloomington Gold Corvette show.

I hope this has been of help.

Zora

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.