1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

NEW CAR DILEMNA----Bought it.

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by Barrelbulge(Fl), Apr 9, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Barrelbulge(Fl)

Barrelbulge(Fl) TS Supporters TS Supporters

Went car shopping over the past few days,wife needs a new car, totaled hers. Narrowed it down to 2 likely vehicles. She likes the Ford Fusion and the Hyundai Sonata. My dilemna is the Ford is made in Mexico and I don't like anything to do with the Mexicans over this Illegal immigration. The Hyundai is a Korean owned company but they make their cars in Huntsville Alabama. This keeps the Americans working.
    Now do I buy an American car (Ford) that keeps the Mexicans working or do I buy a foreign car (Hyundai) that keeps the Americans working? Life's a bitch. Bulge.

2. short shucker

short shucker TS Member

'bulge,

Just piss off everyone and buy a Chevy. No need to disciminate here. Lol.

ss

3. wm rike

wm rike Member

Break it down. Behind the end product there is the manufacturing company, the workers, materials, and suppliers. Ask yourself how much of the total cost goes to the manufacturer's pocket and how much goes to all the others.

4. Barrelbulge(Fl)

Barrelbulge(Fl) TS Supporters TS Supporters

NO, No, NO, government vehicles!!! Bulge.

5. OGC Director

OGC Director TS Member

Try the Chevy Malibu. Made in America by Americans.

Rich in Indiana

6. 635 G

635 G Well-Known Member

Go with the Hyundai, my wife's car is an azera, bullet proof warranty & zero defects in 35K, I use nothing but Volvo XC-70's, just got a 2010--their 5byear warranty is great with ALL service included--the only thing you pay for on a Volvo is gas & tires for the first 60k/5 years In 2012 Volvo is coming out with a plug in diesel hybrid, I think that car may be my last car.

Phil Berkowitz

7. mixer

mixer Well-Known Member

IMO, you should buy the car that best suits your needs & wallet regardless of where it's made.

Eric

8. W.P.T.

W.P.T. TS Member

Go with the Hyundai, my wife had a 2002 XG350L, she put 96,000 miles on with no issues besides new tires and 1 set of brakes ... She Now has a 2009 Hyundai Azera that she has been driving for over a year and almost 24,000 miles, so far nothing but oil changes ... I'm not sure there is any American big 3 car that can compete with the imports based on price, warrantee, and value for the dollar ... I want to wear out my 2002 Isuzu Trooper so I can buy another Hyundai but I need an SUV and they have some really nice ones that are priced right ... The wife is going to be driving a Hyundai Genesis when she trades next time, she just don't know it yet ... You can't beat the value, and customer service from Hyundai ... The Hyundai dealer we deal with had an almost new Cadillac CTS with just a tad over 3,000 miles on it sitting on the used car lot, the guy traded it in on a new Genesis ... WPT ... (YAC) ...

9. powderburn

powderburn Member

Hi!
    My wife and I drove a Sonata a couple/three years ago. It was a rental, and had a few thousand on it-maybe 20-30? Anyway, It drove very nice, rode like a cloud. Thought if we ever bought a bigger sedan, we would look that way. The way I see it, we helped S. Korea back in the 50's, and they have been friendly to us over the years. I have no prob. supporting them. Kia makes dependable wheels also. Might check them out.
    -powderburn

10. omgb

omgb Well-Known Member

Ultimately, the Ford will plough the profits back into the ?Amerian economy. Maquiladoros are not illegals and have a positive effect on illegal immigration, they keep Mexicans in Mexico.

11. smsnyder

smsnyder Well-Known Member

Hyundai will hold value better and i believe better warranty. Looks like the majority here agree.

12. Two Dogs

Two Dogs Well-Known Member

No brainer as I see it....Ford all the way......

13. BDodd

BDodd TS Member

The Ford may be "assembled" in Mexico but that doesn't mean all the parts and add ons are made there. I'd prefer having the whole dollar was spent in the US but it wouldn't cause me to buy a Canadian assembled car from Gov't Motors or those with other issues. I'd buy the one that drove best, fit the pocketbook, had the good warranty period et cetera......Bob Dodd

14. KEYBEAR

KEYBEAR Active Member

Wife bought a new Ford last week . Got a good deal and fair tradein .

I ask her about a GM car and got a big no way ??

15. CalvinMD

CalvinMD Well-Known Member

I would be just as happy Ford or Chevy...Fords Quality right now is unbeatable and if you go Chevy that means we might get some of OUR investment back ...Like Rich said..The Malibu is good solid and very handsome car....If a Hyundai came within inches of running me over in a crosswalk in a flash I would still know it was foreign regardless of who assembled the kit...or go Taurus SHO...what a car!!!

16. crusha

crusha TS Member

How many plants has Ford built in America the last 20 years...vs. overseas?

I'm not saying don't buy the Ford...but don't assume those profits will wind up here in the USA. Omgb is wrong on this one. The unions have been telling us the Big 3 "keep profits in America" for the past 20 years - meanwhile, they all built plants all over China.

17. dhip

dhip Active Member

go againest the trend,,buy a chrysler

18. Prettywood

Prettywood Member

My wifes Hyundai Elantra has 109000 miles, just put the first set of brakes on it at 106000!!! Oil changes, tires and one alignment 3yrs ago in NC still straight. Were buying a new Sonata in Sept and my oldest is taking over the Elantra as her first vehicle. They are incredibly dependable. There's a hell of alot of 'em on the road. I'm also impressed with Ford and how they've handled their affairs in the last year or so. I've been driving a King Ranch F150 4x4 since Sept 2001, same results, oil changes,filters, and tires!! Tim

19. birdtracker

birdtracker Active Member

I think I am going to restore my old hauler. I don't like any of the new crap they are building. And how much is that new car? Birdtracker
    [​IMG]

20. 221

221 Banned User Banned TS Supporters

Ford spent 155 million on upgrades to their Cleveland
    Engine plant......It will employ.....60 workers...No that number is not a missprint!!!!

They are spending 1.8 BILLION to add or retain 1260.......Anyone care to do the math????????

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.