1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

New camper, part two

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by capvan, May 30, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. capvan

capvan Active Member

First, thanks to everyone that responded to my first post about our new camper. Lots of good advice!

We took delivery of our used 26 ft. Jayco camper. Brought it home, started putting our stuff away. My wife said "something smells funny"...Looked in the toilet, holding tank was FULL! And it looked solid! If that poo was in their all winter, frozen solid...well, I don't want to think about it. Anyway, back to the dealer. Of course, holiday weekend and a skeleton crew on. Sales people didn't have much to say other than "we'll work on it".

Unbeliveable!! We'll put up with whatever it takes, we really like the camper. Jayco 26L, discontinued. We really like the bunk bed idea...

Bruce

2. Ahab

Ahab Well-Known Member

I would be all over that dealer's ass over that!

Stuff like that should have been serviced BEFORE it was put up for sale!

3. omgb

omgb Well-Known Member

On a different note, I once knew a Sgt in the AF that has a full-sized Winnie. He rigged a cable and lever to dump his tank while going down the highway. i was driving behind him once as we left Holter lake between Helena and Great Falls MT. he decided to dump......Wow, what a mess and what a stink. Took about a mile to get it all out. The guy was of course, an idiot. When people talk about a $&*# storm, I know exaclty what they mean.

4. M-16

M-16 TS Member

Not sure how familure you are with trailers, but a good thing is have them make everything operational and show you it's working before you take it AGAIN. Fill the water system, pump works, hot water electric, then gas, plus no leaks, all outlets function, then make them drain it there. All stove burners, oven and ighters, fire up the furnace, AC, crank up the antennea, have the fridge on elec,and gas. Even pull out the awning. Also a quick leak check for LP is with all applaniences off close the valve from the tank and not if the regulator goes from green to red in 20min. If you catch something here they should fix it for free you leave and it could be a hassel. Also on your holding tanks check what level it reads in them before and after they dump. Good chance those sensors are dirty and not going to work properly.I put soap and 10 gal of water in my tanks before I go to slosh around and clean the tank. That is if I can dump rightaway were I'm going. Sorry if repetitive not sure what all you needed

5. capvan

capvan Active Member

Thanks again for the advice. Yes, the dealer and I are going to spend some quality time together when I pick it up. Those damn sensors are a PITA, even when they sort of work. In all the campers I've had, I've never been able to rely on them.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.