1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

New California Ammo Law Struck Down

Discussion in 'Politics, Elections & Legislation' started by MTA Tom, Jan 18, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MTA Tom

MTA Tom Active Member

"In a dramatic ruling giving gun owners a win in an National Rifle Association / California Rifle and Pistol (CRPA) Foundation lawsuit, this morning Fresno Superior Court Judge Jeffrey Hamilton ruled that AB 962, the hotly contested statute that would have banned mail order ammunition sales and required all purchases of so called “handgun ammunition” to be registered, was unconstitutionally vague on its face. The Court enjoined enforcement of the statute, so mail order ammunition sales to California can continue unabated, and ammunition sales need not be registered under the law."

2. wireguy

wireguy TS Member

I wonder if the fools who wrote and supported this legislation have any idea how many millions of rounds of ammo were purchased because of their brilliant idea. The only thing stupider then a leftist is two of them.

3. xringjim

xringjim TS Member

All I can say is........YEAH!!!!!!!!!!!! Jim

4. 22hornet

22hornet Well-Known Member

I got into a mailing and calling frenzy with Steroid Arnie over this legislation. I eventually got a canned response from some aide, no doubt. Something about crime reduction, sensible legislation, blah, blah, blah...I won't miss that RINO phony.

5. claybuster60

claybuster60 TS Member

Most politions have no idea about guns nor about ammunition. I think ALL politicos MUST attend a class on the proper handling of guns and ammunition before they take office. With most of our representatives having no idea about guns (of any kind) nor the ammunition, AND not listening to their constiuents will try to make laws that only effect us law abiding citizens and NOT the criminal element. PLUS, if the laws already on the books are enforced, think about all of the punks that would end up in jail. Also, lets end gun related plea bargining and punish those who break the law.

Billy P

6. kenf

kenf Active Member

That makes me think of the question I sometimes was asked when buying 22LR ammo. Is this for a rifle or pistol? This was back in my younger days and of course it was always for a rifle.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.