1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

New Cabelas coming to NW PA

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by pyrdek, Mar 25, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pyrdek

pyrdek Well-Known Member

Cabela's outdoor retailer to build in Millcreek (NW PA)
    By JOHN GUERRIERO, Erie Times-News
    john.guerriero@timesnews.com

Cabela's, the outdoor outfitter, plans to open a store in Millcreek Township near the Millcreek Mall.

The retailer will build behind the Buffalo Wild Wings restaurant in the Millcreek Marketplace, just south of the mall complex.

Cabela's plans a 42,392-square-foot store, which store officials told Millcreek is about two-thirds the size of some of its bigger stores, Millcreek Supervisor Joseph Kujawa said today.

The store will employ 100 to 120 people, he said.

Cabela's is eager to start building soon after it gets approvals from Millcreek, Kujawa said.

The Millcreek Township Planning Commission will make a recommendation on the store's land-development plan at its next meeting April 9. Supervisors will vote on it two weeks later, he said.

Cabela's, based in Sidney, Neb., is an outfitter of fishing, hunting and other outdoor gear.

See Tuesday's Erie Times-News and GoErie.com for more coverage.

2. C-Money

C-Money Member

Should be a great location for Cabelas. Looking forward to visiting that store once its built!

3. pitt100

pitt100 TS Member

I might actually go to Erie with my wife now when she goes shopping.

Pitt

4. SPACE GUN

SPACE GUN Member

They just opened one 15 minutes from my house here in Ohio! Prices are high, not much for a trapshooter! I don't think I will be going back. I find everything I need at our state shoot at a fraction of the cost.

5. joannl030

joannl030 Member

Good to hear about Cabela's coming to Erie, PA...only a 40 minute drive for me. Glad that 100 to 120 people will have jobs once completed. I bet Jerry won't mind so much going to Erie shopping if I promise to stop at Cabela's and Harbor Freight!

Jo Ann

6. blackfoot

blackfoot Member

Welcome high prices and made in China crap! They are a Chicom distributor who destroys all the mom and pop sporting goods/gun stores in a community!

7. BigM-Perazzi

BigM-Perazzi Well-Known Member

unfortunately, they can now operate their available stock out of a trailer...

8. PatMiles

PatMiles Well-Known Member

As SpaceGun said, prices are high at Cabelas. Not much for a trap or skeet shooter. They have to pay for scraping all that stuff together in one big pile.

Pat

9. GW22

GW22 Active Member

NW?

-Gary

10. C-Money

C-Money Member

No doubt that the Ma & Pop sports stores will take a hit. I hope that most sportsmen are like me and rarely ever buy anything at Cabelas due to EVERYTHING being over priced. I do enjoy going in an looking around. I spend my money at the locally owned stores. Corey

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.