1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

New bullpup defense shotgun

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Brian in Oregon, Jan 3, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

Deplorable Bitter Clinger in Liberal La La Land
    Kel-Tec has designed a new bullpup pattern pump action shotgun for the self-defense market. The barrel is 18" and overall length is 26", yet it is still compact. It has twin mag tubes, each holding 7 rounds, total 14. Picatinny rail allows AR15 style sights or optics. Cylinder bore. Price and exact delivery date unknown.

2. Brian in Oregon

Another pic.

3. W.R.Buchanan

W.R.Buchanan Member

boy that looks like a real street sweeper, and 14 rounds. I wonder if they have mag plugs for hunting.

Randy

4. Steve W

Steve W Well-Known Member

Brain, thank you for sharing with us, look like a very efficient weapon. I'll make a note to check it up at the SHOT show next month.

5. Mike

Mike Member

I want one : - ) Mik

6. RAScott

RAScott Member

SWEET! My mossberg 500 will be sad. Bob S

7. trench12

trench12 TS Member

saw the prototype many years ago at AMCCOM. The design is originally from South Africa

8. Brian in Oregon

Randy, I was hoping it would have screw in choke tubes. Make a nice size gun to carry in addition to a varmint gun.

9. shannon391

shannon391 Active Member

I'm not a big fan of bottom eject shotguns, if you get a jam you have to turn the gun upside down to clear.

Pretty cool though. I heard price around $800.

10. short shucker

short shucker TS Member

What the h@ll would you need 14 rounds of magazine capacity for? I know a few guys that have "off" days shooting, like me, but 14 rounds is even excessive for those occassions.

I can't wait for some kid to show up at the range with one of these and shoots an entire round trap/skeet and only reloads it once! LOL.

ss

11. sernv99

sernv99 Active Member

bullpup shotguns have been around for a while now...ever wonder why modern military forces never really use them? Because it's a solution to a problem that never existed in the first place...this will be for strictly the mall ninja types....

12. grntitan

grntitan Well-Known Member

SS--How about a group of 14 drug crazied lunies wanting to have their way with you. Would you want 14 shots then?

13. W.R.Buchanan

W.R.Buchanan Member

I wonder if I can get one in CA? I'll find out at the Kel Tec booth in Las Vegas in 2 weeks.

Randy

14. GBatch_25

GBatch_25 Active Member

Randy:
    Let us know when KelTec says they will be distributing these.

Gene Batchelar
    Wheaton, IL

15. shannon391

shannon391 Active Member

Grntitan,

Depends,

Male or femal, what do they look like?

16. englishupland

englishupland Member

cool!

Too pricey though

17. steele

steele TS Member

This is similar to the old High Standard Model 10 shotgun developed in late 60s by a LAPD officer. He wanted a shotgun that could be used with one hand while still inside a patrol car. It had a 5 round mag with a fold-down handle & flip up sights. I have one stuck in the back of the safe. I'll try to get pics to post.

18. jim brown

jim brown Well-Known Member

I don't shoot nothing where the chamber is right next to the side of my head. I already know what would happen in event of a chamber rupture and it can't be fixed at the local emergency room. That is why Bullpup rifles went away.

jim brown

19. sliverbulletexpress

sliverbulletexpress TS Member

Short shucker why is it your turn to decide how many rounds are too many? Why does this need to be justified? What difference does it make? Does it somehow turn this shotgun into something bad? If certain guns can be bad then then who decides which ones? It's a very bad road to go down especially if you'd like to protect your rights to keep the guns YOU like. Someone might say why should a gun cost over $300 dollars when people are starving in Ethiopia? Why should any automobile ever be built to exceed 70 mph? Why do you need one? Why should you be allowed to drive a 1\2 ton truck when you are not hauling anything? Why should you be allowed to own a 1\2 ton truck if you don't have a hauling business? Why should any family of three have over 2000 sq feet of living area? Get it?

There are no bad guns only bad people. There are no unnecessary guns only unnecessary people.

20. Brian in Oregon

Don't forget that pump shotguns were next on the anti-gunners' list in the renewal language for the 94AWB.

You better support the OTHER guys' guns, because yours are next.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.