1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

New Bt99-need help: I screwed up!

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by blackfoot, Nov 27, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. blackfoot

blackfoot Member

Just got a new BT99: i accidently pulled the trigger w/o the barrel and forearm on. Now I can't get the forearm on or the action to cock. The barrel goes on fine and the action lever moves fine. How do I fix this screw up?

Big Thanks from a moron!

2. GunDr

GunDr Well-Known Member

You need to push the ejecor plunger...located in the forend, back into place. When you removed the forend after firing the gun, the plunger was tripped and now it needs to be "re-cocked".

Push it until you hear it go "click"

Doug

3. yellow foot

yellow foot TS Member

Can't find in the parts list what you are calling the ejector plunger. can you pleas be more specific. I had this same thing happen to me and got it fixed but don't know what I did to fix it. I would like to know more about this.

4. GunDr

GunDr Well-Known Member

The ejector punger is the "somewhat" triangled piece you can see in the curved portion of the forend iron. All you can see is the end, when it is pushed back and locked in place. I'ts under a lot of spring pressure.

When the ejector hammer has been tripped, it's extend very near the end of the forend iron, and you should be able to see along side of it. It takes a lot of push to get it back in.

5. yellow foot

yellow foot TS Member

Got it..... and thank you for clearing it up.

6. Haskins Bill

Haskins Bill TS Member

On my Bt 99 I always trip the firing pin after breaking it down, using a spent shell to take up the force of the hit from the firing pin. I have to push the bar down in the bottom of the receiver before the trigger will release the firng pin. Putting back together is never a problem the next time I am at the range. It is BT 99 Plus Bill

7. Haskins Bill

Haskins Bill TS Member

PS. Duh, mine is Bt99 Max!

8. yellow foot

yellow foot TS Member

Was looking for the fix GUN DR was talking about and my forearm has no slots in the Iron. There is a hole for a part in the receiver to go into. Now I'm confused. (and I thought I had it figured out). My forearm is the Bevertail type The diagram I have and shows what Gun DR is talking about. whats the fix for the type I have. Any chance of getting a picture of what needs to be done.

9. Bart S.

Bart S. Member

I'll take a shot at it. If you can get the barrel on, just put the forearm also, push the lever and open. This is on guns without ejectors. Does your gun have ejectors or extractors? One just lifts the other is sprung. Seems like I did get into something like this on a Citori, had to use large screwdriver to lift arm in bottom of receiver, not like that on 99s. Hope this helps, let me know if not.........Bart

10. yellow foot

yellow foot TS Member

Thank for your reply Bart S. I have the extractors.....the shell just lifts. Do I understand correctly that reassembly of the gun and opening it is all that is needed, and the ejector type needs to be treated as GUN DR states.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

bt-99 reassembly tips