1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

new bt loose

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by nailer123, Aug 24, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nailer123

nailer123 TS Member

I have a new bt99 with about shot about 6000 rounds. It is loose when it is open you can see it move in the hinge . The gun was new in may . Should i send it in would it still be coverd under warrenty. Also the forearm comes loose

2. cubancigar2000

cubancigar2000 Well-Known Member

Call Browning and ask. If they jack you around, call the Gundr Doug can fix it reasonably. The new ones just aint what the old ones are

3. Pat  D

Pat D TS Member

I have an older one 1975, and still tight the lever is just about center now. Still very snug, and has about six years of heavy use. I've felt some new ones that some members have and one particular member who bought his last year and it's loose also. I'd haunt browning on that.

Good luck,

4. PA101_guy

PA101_guy TS Member

"The new ones just aint what the old ones are"

That statement says it all.

I'd hold Brownings feet to the fire on this. A $1000+ gun should stay tight a hell of a lot longer than 6000 rounds. Good luck.

KEEP SMOKIN' EM.... Dave

5. nailer123

nailer123 TS Member

I have to agree with you the older on are a lot better .I have a special trap it has seen some rounds and it is really tight.I will be on the phone to browning in the morning .How are to deal with?

6. Rem870TB

Rem870TB Active Member

"I have a new bt99 with about shot about 6000 rounds. It is loose when it is open you can see it move in the hinge . The gun was new in may ."

That should not happen, given reasonable care. I would be firm but polite about getting them to address this problem and I would not let it go if they didn't fix it and would take it up the chain of command if need be. I was more polite and not likely to do this 30 years ago, I would now, based on experience.

Mine was made in 2005, acquired NIB in Feb. 2007; I have no complaints and am happy with it.

It took several 1,000 rounds to just to "work in" and not be tough to open and the fore end still goes on very tight and stays tight. I keep it clean, use STOS and don't slam it closed. May be I just got a "good" one.

I did handle a new one on display at the 2008 Canadian that seemed loose, I don't know the history of the display gun but it was too loose IMHO for a new gun.

7. nailer123

nailer123 TS Member

Hoosier I do keep it very clean . I clean it after every shoot i lube it on all the contact points so i dont think that is the problem. I no that is not what your where saying i should of wrote that in.

8. nailer123

nailer123 TS Member

I have a new bt99 with about shot about 6000 rounds. It is loose when it is open you can see it move in the hinge . The gun was new in may . Should i send it in would it still be coverd under warrenty. Also the forearm comes loose

9. cubancigar2000

cubancigar2000 Well-Known Member

Call Browning and ask. If they jack you around, call the Gundr Doug can fix it reasonably. The new ones just aint what the old ones are

10. Pat  D

Pat D TS Member

I have an older one 1975, and still tight the lever is just about center now. Still very snug, and has about six years of heavy use. I've felt some new ones that some members have and one particular member who bought his last year and it's loose also. I'd haunt browning on that.

Good luck,

11. PA101_guy

PA101_guy TS Member

"The new ones just aint what the old ones are"

That statement says it all.

I'd hold Brownings feet to the fire on this. A $1000+ gun should stay tight a hell of a lot longer than 6000 rounds. Good luck.

KEEP SMOKIN' EM.... Dave

12. nailer123

nailer123 TS Member

I have to agree with you the older on are a lot better .I have a special trap it has seen some rounds and it is really tight.I will be on the phone to browning in the morning .How are to deal with?

13. Rem870TB

Rem870TB Active Member

"I have a new bt99 with about shot about 6000 rounds. It is loose when it is open you can see it move in the hinge . The gun was new in may ."

That should not happen, given reasonable care. I would be firm but polite about getting them to address this problem and I would not let it go if they didn't fix it and would take it up the chain of command if need be. I was more polite and not likely to do this 30 years ago, I would now, based on experience.

Mine was made in 2005, acquired NIB in Feb. 2007; I have no complaints and am happy with it.

It took several 1,000 rounds to just to "work in" and not be tough to open and the fore end still goes on very tight and stays tight. I keep it clean, use STOS and don't slam it closed. May be I just got a "good" one.

I did handle a new one on display at the 2008 Canadian that seemed loose, I don't know the history of the display gun but it was too loose IMHO for a new gun.

14. nailer123

nailer123 TS Member

Hoosier I do keep it very clean . I clean it after every shoot i lube it on all the contact points so i dont think that is the problem. I no that is not what your where saying i should of wrote that in.

15. Jollytrapshooter

Jollytrapshooter Member

I have a new BT made in '03, has well over 10,000 rounds through it, and it's still pretty tight. I clean it after about every 500 rounds, wipe old grease off the hinge and contact points, and put new on, no problems yet. Maybe it's a recent change they made to the type of metal they use...sounds to me like it's only the newest BT's...Makes me wonder, Josh.

16. CalvinMD

CalvinMD Well-Known Member

Something wrong here...if the gun started tight theres only one way to get as loose as you say as early as this..what kind of grease are you using and where exactly are you putting it

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.