1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

New BT-99

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by tpartain, Jan 21, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tpartain

tpartain TS Member

Hello Gentleman, I am new to trapshooters.com and new to the trap shooting game. I purchased two new BT-99's with the adjustable comb option. One for my son and one for me. We joined the local trap cub and it sure is fun watching the money fly out of the barrels! LOL

I wanted to remove the stock and check out the internals. After removing the recoil pad it seem there may be a special tool to get to the stock bolt. Any one have experience with this one?

BTW We are having a blast, I haven't seem my kid this excited in a while.
    Thanks for your help.

Tony Partain
    Bend Oregon

2. slayer

slayer Well-Known Member

It's just a real long allen wrench. if you didn't get one with your gun you can get at it with quarter inch socket wrench extensions and allen tool socket. Bill

3. tpartain

tpartain TS Member

Got it. Thank you. I guess should have put 2 and 2 together.

4. Len in Phoenix

Len in Phoenix TS Member

Not sure if the new BT's are set up like the XT's....you may need to remove the comb to get the allen wrench onto the stock bolt. Just an FYI.

Len in PHoenix

5. tpartain

tpartain TS Member

"Not sure if the new BT's are set up like the XT's...."

The allen went right in for removal. Just pulled it apart cleaned and relubed. Its back in the case ready to go for tomorrow.

Thank again for the help.

Tony Partain

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.