1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

new browser

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by slic lee, Jul 19, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. slic lee

slic lee Active Member

I want to update my browser, thinking about new Firefox and updates, have u used it or any other are you using,any unsolved problems,thank you ,Lee

2. bill1949

bill1949 Well-Known Member

I have used Firefox for a couple years, no problems so far...Bill

3. Baber

Baber TS Member

Try Safari... There are versions for Windows and it works better than Firfox.

Tom

4. MTA Tom

MTA Tom Active Member

Firefox is great. The new Google Chrome browser also works fine, and seems to be the fastest of all on PC's.

5. Carol Lister

Carol Lister TS Member

Google Chrome does work well but I can't get excited about having a browser that phones home regularly to report on my surfing habits. Safari is too closely allied with Google for my tastes.

IE 8 is a big disappointment to me. There are great numbers of compatibility problems between it and web sites written for IE 6 and IE 7. Microsoft has installed a "compatibility mode" to help address the glitches but it makes using the browser less than fun.

I use Firefox 2.0.11 at the moment. It's a very good browser but there are differences in how Firefox renders pages compared to IE. There will be some page functions that don't respond (properly or at all) with Firefox. I keep a copy of IE 7 installed to switch to when these situations arise. These are usually scripts of some sort that Firefox won't display. I'll switch to version 3.5.X once the Mozilla forums have quieted down with reports of bugs and glitches.

There are a host of addons for Firefox that make customizing browser performance simple. They are all products of individuals who create them for Mozilla and submit them for testing and approval and publication. e.g... There are a couple that allow the user to open the current page in the resident IE browser when required to get a function to work properly.

Carol Lister

6. claybrdr

claybrdr Well-Known Member

Have used Firefox for years and never use IE any longer.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.