1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

New Browning Un-single Combo

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by Dr.Longshot, Jan 14, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dr.Longshot

Dr.Longshot Banned Banned

I just purchased the new Browning Un-single combo it has been out for a while, I am having double releases installed as I write this, should be done by Wednesday, having it set at 56 oz set and 28 oz release.

It seems to have a lot of POI height adjustment, I will pattern it for height when I get the reciever back.

Has anyone patterned one for max height POI yet. I was wondering how high it will shoot.

I was suprised about the Adj comb adjustment, it can really go up in height and offset, with simple allen wrench adj. through the recoil pad, was told not to tightened it too tight as you will strip out the allen socket in the brass tightener, it does not have to be real tight.

Gary Bryant
    Dr.longshot

2. Dr.Longshot

3. kraiza

kraiza Active Member

I call Browning today about the Cynergy Trap un-single. I wanted to know about the 2 diffance ribs. The double barrel has a higher rib then the single barrel. Browning said to ajust the comb for the double barrel then you can ajust the rib for the single Barrel. The single barrel can shoot as high as 12". I you can post some pick of the real gun so we can see the rib. I want to get one but not sure about the single rib.
    John

4. kelly andersen

kelly andersen TS Member

Heres a link above for the cynergy. looks like a nice unit.

5. CalvinMD

CalvinMD Well-Known Member

I just got my XT unsingle but so-so weather has prevented any playtime..but I will report what I find with mine.

6. Hap MecTweaks

Hap MecTweaks Well-Known Member

Gary, did you get my email? Hap

7. maclellan1911

maclellan1911 TS Member

<a href="http://s160.photobucket.com/albums/t196/jrm7800/?action=view&current=013269lcynergycombo.jpg" target="_blank">[​IMG]</a> Cynergy Trap comb

8. Onceabum

Onceabum TS Member

Am I wrong or does it look like the stock has an unusual amount of pitch in it?

9. Hap MecTweaks

Hap MecTweaks Well-Known Member

Gary, did you get my email? Hap

10. maclellan1911

maclellan1911 TS Member

<a href="http://s160.photobucket.com/albums/t196/jrm7800/?action=view&current=013269lcynergycombo.jpg" target="_blank">[​IMG]</a> Cynergy Trap comb

11. Onceabum

Onceabum TS Member

Am I wrong or does it look like the stock has an unusual amount of pitch in it?

12. likes-to-shoot

likes-to-shoot Well-Known Member

Before I bought my citori un-single combo I did some research (and read remarks from this website) on the Browning adjustable comb. Also this was the same comb hardware on my BT-99. The hardware is junk. What I done was to buy the Monte Carlo stock and had Greg Hissem put his adj. comb hardware on. It ended up cheaper than the Browning's and of higher quality. If I was looking at a cynergy trap combo I'd consider the same approach.

I was looking at a cynergy 28 ga the other day and all I can say is 'nice gun'

Bill

13. Dr.Longshot

Hap I got your e-mail and sent you a reply.

The Browning I got from Guns Unlimited has flush long choke tubes, not the extended ones shown on the Cynergy, but other than that they are the same gun.

I had ordred the Monte Carlo stock and was going to have after market adj. comb installed but they won't be in till March 1st according to Guns Unlimited so I went ahead and ordered the Straight Stock Adj model as they had them in stock.

Last night I picked up the gun after have Double Releases installed and will shoot it today.

12 inches high is not high enough for me, I like 18 inches POI, will put it on the pattern board today, I have it adjusted for the maximum height with my sight picture before I even try it. I am speaking of the Unsingle Bbl.

Gary Bryant
    Dr.longshot

14. Luckyman

Luckyman Active Member

That Cynergy combo looks sweet!!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.