1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

NEW Browning A5 Retro Shotgun Review.

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by Auctioneer, Feb 2, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Auctioneer

Auctioneer Well-Known Member

I was at a gun store today trying to find some primers. No luck. I did how ever find the new A5 Browning at $1300.00 +. I wasn't impressed at all. The only metal was the barrel and bolt. The rest was aluminum and wood. I would say it was about 1/3rd or so the weight of the first A5. If a duck Guide would buy one I don't think it would last a season. To me it was cheaply made and to light weight. Glad I still have my OLD A5's. I would not buy the new A5 at all.

2. DoubleAuto

DoubleAuto Well-Known Member

1/3 the weight of the original A5? Let's see the original A5 weighed plus or minus 8 pounds. So it weighs around 3 pounds? I don't think so. As far as holding up this new A5 uses a version of the inertia operating system. A version of the inertia operating system has been used on some of the most sought after Benelli models that are favorites with a lot of waterfowl and other hunters. The inertia operating system also holds up well in high volume dove shooting in Argentina. The new A5 also has models with composite stocks. Also Browning has a 5 year warranty on this model. To me it is too light weight for waterfowl hunting but should make a great upland shotgun. Have 10 "old" A5's. Will probably buy a new 3-inch A5 for upland hunting and sell off my A5 "Light-12's" and "Mag-12's". But the 16's and 20's stay.

3. Spanky

Spanky Active Member

New A5 w/30", almost 7 lbs. and pretty well balanced.

4. Auctioneer

5. Auctioneer

6. timb99

timb99 Well-Known Member

First of all, aluminum is a metal.

And Beretta 391 receivers are made of aluminum. They seem to hold up OK.

7. KS trap

KS trap Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

browning a5 shotgun reviews

browning new a5 for trap

most sought after browning a5

new a5 browing for trap

new a5 browning for trap

new browing a5 reviews forums

new browning a5 for sale