1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

NEW BOWEN

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by BBowen, May 4, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BBowen

BBowen Member

#1 fixed rib, 34" barrel. Adjustable comb and buttplate. Exhibition English Walnut. Monte Carlo. We take trades. Call Bruce Bowen & Co. for details and pictures. 605-347-3133

2. BBowen

BBowen Member

3. BBowen

BBowen Member

4. alfermann66

alfermann66 Member

"An outstanding, premium firearm. With great service to boot." Jim W., I personally know three people who own or have owned Bowens and their opinion of the service is 180 degrees opposite of yours...to the extreme. That's 100% of all the owners that I know personally. I had looked at and seriously considered a Bowen, but after hearing their horror stories...I bought an Alfermann.

Buz

5. BBowen

BBowen Member

hey buz

why is it that you are always the one who has to report the "to the extreme" bad service on our shotguns and not the owners themselves if they are so unhappy?

why don't name some names for us? oh, i'm sorry, you don't even have the balls to post your own name!

bruce bowen
    sturgis, south dakota 605-347-3133

6. $$$SHTR

$$$SHTR Member

I'd have one if I could afford it. Maybe Bruce will trade about 1400 tee shirts for one??? I've never shot one, as I won't waste anyones time, as I know I can't afford it, but I sure would like too. I wouldn't think there could be any finer gun. I guess I'll have to stick with my monogun.

Great gun Bruce!!!

Tomas

7. BBowen

BBowen Member

mr. pukey stagg:

obviously, you don't have the balls to post your name either so maybe i can remedy the situation by offering a $100 gift certificate to 100 STRAIGHT PRODUCTS www.100straight.com or to cabelas for the first person to post your name, address and phone number on trapshooters.com. i will add another $25 if your picture is included.

sorry, mr. stagg you are not eligible for the prize.

thanks, mike and others for the kind words.

bruce bowen
    sturgis south dakota 605-347-3133

8. Don Rackley

Don Rackley Well-Known Member Supporting Vendor

I shot one of Bruce's guns a few weeks ago and it really is a superb gun. It points quick and the resultant smokeballs were indicative of a fine pattern. The fit and finish of the gun were superb, no flaws at all.

Bruce has done more analytical work for our sport than most people can imagine.

Don Rackley

9. BBowen

BBowen Member

thanks, don

10. southpark

southpark TS Member

I was with a stockmaker a couple weeks ago talking about folks complaining about how quickly things got done.

He explained "in 25 years I've never had anyone call up and complain saying "just send me the stock, I don't care if it is right or not.""

Of course what they want is to have it done correctly.

While I only know a satisfied Bowen shooter, rather than shoot one myself, I imagine it is a similar situation.

If you just want the gun and stock popped out of the factory lickety split, and are fine with some guy who didn't build your gun, and who may or may not be a good gunsmith, fixing it, there are many production gun lines you can choose from like SKB or Browning.

If you want your gun fixed by the same guy who made it, and who is a real craftsman, you buy a gun from a small custom shop.

I'm just not convinced it is possible to get that exclusivity and quality and expect instant turn around times from small custom makers.

For example, I recently bought a new telescope and mount. I waited one year for the scope and two years for the mount after giving my deposit.

Sure I could have bitched and whined about having to wait so long and gone elsewhere, but then I would not have had the best.

For some people, going elsewhere would have been perfectly satisfactory.

The same might be the case with Mr. Bowen's guns.

Cheers,
    fatXXXerikcartman@yahoo.com (remove XXX)

11. smsnyder

smsnyder Well-Known Member

i just talked to gary alfermann tonight. seems like a class act type of guy. real down to earth country boy. he explained the difference between a bowen, seits and his gun. never said nothing bad about anyones product. yes, i am considering one.

12. Doubles/Bob

Doubles/Bob TS Member

Hi Bruce'
    I am having a problem with my new Bowen. I am having such a great time shooting it and the fun factor is way,way up. I am consuming twice as much ammunition and what with the entry fees and all this is awful.
    I had to order twenty more cases of shells. Ahh the smell of Federal Papers out of my Bowen is purely aditive.
    What is a man to do?
    Bob

13. t-bar

t-bar Member

Bruce,

What's the new puppy's name??

bar

14. BBowen

BBowen Member

t-bar

the new pups name is "checkers". a little boy of my friends was playing with him the other day and told me the pup's face looked like a checker board. he is pointing like a pro at 12 weeks and i can't wait to get to the quail fields this fall.

bruce bowen

15. t-bar

t-bar Member

Good name for him. If you are in Mo. this week maybe he can have some play time with Gordons.

bar

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

bruce bowen raffle gun vernal