1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

New Blaser

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by ebc, Nov 10, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ebc

ebc TS Member

How is the new Blaser Super Trap working out? The Sporting Clays version is available at a few dealers (Paxton Arms). It too has the floating barrels and higher rib. If I can sell by Kolar SC, I may give it a try.
    Regards,
    bc

2. KS-OKIE

KS-OKIE TS Supporters TS Supporters

EBC:I just bought and started shooting a new Blaser.I LOVE IT !!!.I had never shot an unsingle before.Very soft recoil.The sensation of recoil on a bottom single seems much softer to me than a top bbl single.Gun feels like I am pointing my arm as compared to my other guns.Shot my league with it last night in the wind and with white targets.Imp/mod just face powdered those white targets on the 16`s and 22yd hdcp.I really don`t think I will need to add the bbl weights or change the settings of the stock weight thingy.Only complaint is with the owners manuel.No mention of how POI would change with the various hash marks on the bbl hanger.I can hardly wait to take the O/U bbls for a test drive...John Wiegand..KS-OKIE.

3. ebc

ebc TS Member

Thanks. I am curious about the O/U ( I shoot sporting clays) because it is a new design with the separated barrels ala Krieghoff/Kolar. My Kolar is just too heavy for me.
    Again, Thanks.
    bc

4. Bryce720

Bryce720 Active Member

If your looking at the gun from a Sporting Clays point of view it is fantastic. They're are 2 good shooters that come to mind that shoot the Blaser Trap model. One of them being Tom Mack a very accomplished sporting clays shooter. Another is a shooter here in Colorado Mark S. he loves the gun and has done nothing other then shoot better since he got it. He has nothing bad to say about the gun and hasn't had any issues to date. It also makes a good live bird gun. Hope this helps.

5. Bob Schultz

Bob Schultz Well-Known Member Supporting Vendor

Check out my post on the new Super Sport from BLASER.

Bob Schultz

6. Setterman

Setterman Well-Known Member

Derek Mein is the Pro that runs the Cardinal Center Sporting Clays, and he is a 27 yarder. He shoots the trap version (high rib) on both trap and sporting. He is also an all american in sporting. I shoot doubles with 9 shims and sporting with 7 shims. I have the extended comb posts that Blaser now offers.

Yes, it will work for both games.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.